Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

We go up to Superior on occasion and one of the places we go has facts on their placemats. I believe these are the facts.

1. Lake Superior contains 10% of the planet's fresh surface water.

2. It covers 31,700 sq mi with an average depth of 147 meters or 483 feet.

3. The deepest point in the lake is 405 meters or 1,333 feet.

4. There have been about 350 shipwrecks recorded in Lake Superior and Lake Superior is known to never give up her dead. Over 10,000 lives have been lost in her waters.

5. Lake Superior is, by surface area, the largest lake in the world.

6. It contains as much water as all the other Great Lakes combined, plus three extra Lake Eries!

7. There is enough water in Lake Superior to cover all of North and South America with water one foot deep.

8. There are 78 different species of fish that call the big lake home.

9. The maximum wave ever recorded on Lake Superior was 9.45 meters or 31 feet high.

10. If you stretched the shoreline of Lake Superior out to a straight line, it would be long enough to reach from Duluth, Minnesota to the Bahamas.

Cool fun fact!

Reactions: Apparition
We go up to Superior on occasion and one of the places we go has facts on their placemats. I believe these are the facts.

1. Lake Superior contains 10% of the planet's fresh surface water.

2. It covers 31,700 sq mi with an average depth of 147 meters or 483 feet.

3. The deepest point in the lake is 405 meters or 1,333 feet.

4. There have been about 350 shipwrecks recorded in Lake Superior and Lake Superior is known to never give up her dead. Over 10,000 lives have been lost in her waters.

5. Lake Superior is, by surface area, the largest lake in the world.

6. It contains as much water as all the other Great Lakes combined, plus three extra Lake Eries!

7. There is enough water in Lake Superior to cover all of North and South America with water one foot deep.

8. There are 78 different species of fish that call the big lake home.

9. The maximum wave ever recorded on Lake Superior was 9.45 meters or 31 feet high.

10. If you stretched the shoreline of Lake Superior out to a straight line, it would be long enough to reach from Duluth, Minnesota to the Bahamas.

That song is so haunting...

I've LOVED it since it came out.

1667945799199.png

Interesting when you see the other Top 10 songs.

View attachment 375432
M70 Featherweight / 30-06 . . . . Leupold Featherweight 6x
M99 Savage . . . . 250-3000 . . .

I use to have the M99 Savage 250-3000. Loved that rifle. It went missing in a divorce. Bought my daughter the same Savage, but in a 30-30 caliber. She still has it.

For @Squatch - 5 brand new sistra (sistrums) ready for shipment. I make them in batches of 5, usually 2 or 3 of them have already sold by the time I finish #5. Not this time.
View attachment 376118

Not what I would expect to find hanging in my shower! Those are pretty cool, @Zorba. I think it's great that you create (recreate?) something that most people never even get a chance to see. (y)

Not what I would expect to find hanging in my shower! Those are pretty cool, @Zorba. I think it's great that you create (recreate?) something that most people never even get a chance to see. (y)
They're good for scaring cats... ;)

There are a surprising number of them out there, from "I don't know how they can make them so cheap" to "Are you fucking kidding me?" in price. I'm sort of in the middle of the pack pricewise, and larger than most sizewise. I don't think anybody makes one any larger than mine - my prototype was larger, and it takes a big guy like me to wield it; its really too big to be easily played. So I rightsized the production version.

Reactions: Squatch