Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

My eldest daughter turned 21 on Boxing day...I surprised her with a Key I made and signwrote …(My first one I'd made I had to dust off my brushes as I haven't done any signwriting for over a decade)
key1.jpg
key2.jpg
key4.jpg

Nicely done but what is the significance of the key
Thanks very much..(not bad considering I didnt do too well in woodwork at school haha)
In England and out here in NZ too it signifies the key to life and maturity, opening doors in her career and life's decisions....that sort of thing.

You've hit everything with this one … "interesting, unique & strange". Is there a story behind these? I've been involved in planning and developing many parks and I've never seen anything like this.

Ryegrass Safety Rest Area West Bound
Ellensburg, WA 98926
https://goo.gl/maps/46Xpe1U82xuu9LP86
Rest area next to a wind and solar farm, picnic tables are shielded for the usually sustained wind coming through that area

Ryegrass Safety Rest Area West Bound
Ellensburg, WA 98926
https://goo.gl/maps/46Xpe1U82xuu9LP86
Rest area next to a wind and solar farm, picnic tables are shielded for the usually sustained wind coming through that area
Very interesting. We have a lot of windmills and solar farms scattered throughout our rural areas but that's a new one to me. Thanks for the info.

Wouldn't it be easier to put labels on the ancient control panels rather than use 2 monitors and paint to describe what things do?

I've been there and it's cool. I could have gone to the center if they would have let us, but not the family. They're afraid of heights. I'm only afraid of falling, so if there's a walkway, I'm good.

Wouldn't it be easier to put labels on the ancient control panels rather than use 2 monitors and paint to describe what things do?
No, it would look like crap, cramped, and cheesy. let's be real, the stickers would likely be on a clear background (ugly, cheap) and because no one really cares about the quality of a sticker ( I understand their lack of care) it would begin to peel around the edges (doggy ear) and then dirt, grim, and dust would collect under it and, BAM, it would look like shit.

Now if the stickers had a nice font and were die cut, sure, I would say go for it, but very few people care about researching solutions these days. Especially as something as small as stickers.

I can imagine it now, me suggesting some stickers that are die cut, a nice font, and from a really nice manufacture and then my boss or owner (whoever makes the financial decisions) would turn his nose up say something to the nature of, "who cares, it's a fucking sticker," and get it done for 50 cents and call it good.