Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

You may of may not be aware of the HUGE fires in Australia right now..In New Zealand we live 2155km or 1340 miles away from Australia and the Tasman sea in between us as well. But we had a pink/orange haze come over our city yesterday, which they say is tiny ash particles blown over the sea and with the sun behind gives us the orange glow.
1578263536654.png

In Australia is allot worse. I'm sure some of our Aussie forum members have better photos. Hope the fires stop soon and you get some rain.

You may of may not be aware of the HUGE fires in Australia right now..In New Zealand we live 2155km or 1340 miles away from Australia and the Tasman sea in between us as well. But we had a pink/orange haze come over our city yesterday, which they say is tiny ash particles blown over the sea and with the sun behind gives us the orange glow.
View attachment 132755
In Australia is allot worse. I'm sure some of our Aussie forum members have better photos. Hope the fires stop soon and you get some rain.
Looks all too familiar to where I live at least once a summer. There are many times it's not just in the sky though. Air quality is a constant concern during fire season. We have had smoke and ash reach our skies from fires in California which is roughly 500 mi (800 km), as the crow flies, away from Central Idaho.

Australia has the perfect conditions and topography for these fires right now. I work as an equipment operator/truck driver on wild fires in this region in the summer time. I've been up close and and almost a little too personal before when I was supporting a track dozer. I feel for all those affected by the fires and pray for all those that are putting their lives on the line trying to stop and/control the fires spread!!!

Took the family out for a drive yesterday to a place called Port Waikato...Dirt road for about 30km...great views of some limestone rocks. Then a short 1 hour hike through the bush.
Will go back again to go caving when we have a bit more time.(and I remember to bring the torches... Duh!!) Pictures don't do the place justice.
pw1.JPG
pw2.JPG
pw4.JPG
pw3.JPG

I've been staring at this for a few minutes trying to ID it.
5-window truck cab? Is/was there a bed.
I see a ft. bumper. Is the grill upside down?

Reactions: DrDmoney
Dude, right down to the gas tank filler hole.
Nice one.

It's not like I knew what I was looking for, I just got lucky. Searched a few different years of Fords, then Chevys but when I switched from 1950 Chevy to 1950 Dodge, there it was. I also found dodgepilothouseclub.org which I found interesting.

View attachment 132755

I was catching up on the news about the fires. I read they've arrested close to 200 people now for arson. They said 37% of the fires have been caused by arson. 85% by people if they include accidentally.

Who would start a fire on purpose? Let alone the volunteer firefighter they think started 7 fires.

Reactions: reddvltj