Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

536.jpg
1985 jeep J20 crewcab
One of three made for Australian Customs by Jeep Australia this was used by Customs in Queensland. Ute back 360 with auto tranny.

Took the family for a drive, in the Jeep of course, up the mountain outside of town to star gaze and try to see the comet NEOWISE. It was kinda hard to spot with the naked eye, being low on the horizon and a hazy sky. But, my wife's new iPhone 11, with a 10 sec exposure, captured it pretty well. Not professional quality, by any means, but for a cell phone...wow!! I imagine it would be much better set up on a tripod and not handheld.

This view is from Chilhowee Mtn looking west/northwest toward Cleveland, TN.

IMG_9210 (2).JPG

IMG_9212 (2).JPG

Took the family for a drive, in the Jeep of course, up the mountain outside of town to star gaze and try to see the comet NEOWISE. It was kinda hard to spot with the naked eye, being low on the horizon and a hazy sky. But, my wife's new iPhone 11, with a 10 sec exposure, captured it pretty well. Not professional quality, by any means, but for a cell phone...wow!! I imagine it would be much better set up on a tripod and not handheld.

This view is from Chilhowee Mtn looking west/northwest toward Cleveland, TN.

View attachment 177613
View attachment 177614
Very nice!

Reactions: ToddDerrArtist
Shhhh.... Just before dawn. Having my first cup of coffee on the back deck of our cabin home... "Camp Little Ridge." I believe that Jupiter just below and to the left of the moon.

View attachment 177637

And then a little later... "Here comes the sun, little darlin'..."

View attachment 177645

Taken yesterday morning.

You've got an awesome view!!! Sweet!!

You've got an awesome view!!! Sweet!!

Thanks man. Six years ago we found this property. It's 10 acres on the mountain brow adjacent to thousands of acres of "Forever Wild" land and a National Preserve. It's about 2 miles from a main road down an improved Forest Service road. At first it was all off grid. We built a tiny 12x12 cabin with solar power and rainwater collection in a few months and enjoyed "Glamping." up here for about 2 years.

Then we got power and eventually water, and about 4 years ago we started building our cabin. It's nothing fancy... A 2 1/2 story, 1100 S.F. Saltbox. It was just Mrs. Irish and myself along with some help from friends and family. We were able to finish it in 3 years with no mortgage. We moved up here full time back in March when our companies sent us home to work. We've rented our house in town to my Dad and I don't think we're going back. This will be our forever home now.