Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

There's a weird guy on the 1st floor of our office building that's an auto broker, but he hardly seems to sell anything and has the most random old cars. He's had this Dodge truck for at least a year, and now it has all this plywood on top for some reason that we can't figure out.

IMG_20200811_122456152_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200811_122521921_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200811_122542393_HDR.jpg

You can see my XJ and my co-worker's JKU hiding behind it too.

There's a weird guy on the 1st floor of our office building that's an auto broker, but he hardly seems to sell anything and has the most random old cars. He's had this Dodge truck for at least a year, and now it has all this plywood on top for some reason that we can't figure out.

View attachment 193203View attachment 193204View attachment 193205

You can see my XJ and my co-worker's JKU hiding behind it too.
That looks safe. Don't follow him on the highway!

Maybe he has a pole that attaches and runs a mobile strip club on the side.

Or a street surfing business.

Or uses it in the infield of NASCAR races to get a better view.

Maybe he just really likes shade.

First ever brisket, just about nailed it...
View attachment 194031

White Mountains in NH on Friday. A bit too Foggy to see much (my phone brought out the colors to be far more vibrant than they actually were).... absolutely beautiful though.
View attachment 194032
Awesome! We visited our son in Keene, NH this weekend, but not quite as spectacular as further north. Love the brisket as well!

Driving through Alaska and saw this upstairs slider directly to the roof with no balcony.

Attachments

• IMG_1558.JPG
    IMG_1558.JPG
    330.5 KB · Views: 95
I'm more interested in the $.25 coffee. That is a good deal when starbucks wants 28 times that.
That's funny you noticed that. Attached is a throwback menu to my Dad's and Mom restaurant I use to cook at back in the 70's-early 80's. Two pancakes $.35 and three $.50, I think coffee was a dime, so that place in Alaska was a smoking deal, great way to draw people in.

If your ever up in Alaska the place is called Eureka Lodge Restaurant and I just Yelp'ed the place and if the photo's is correct they still have $.25 for a cup joe.

IMG_5566.jpg

Last edited:
That's funny you noticed that. Attached is a throwback menu to my Dad's and Mom restaurant I use to cook at back in the 70's-early 80's. Two pancakes $.35 and three $.50, I think coffee was a dime, so that place in Alaska was a smoking deal, great way to draw people in.

If your ever up in Alaska the place is called Eureka Lodge Restaurant and I just Yelp'ed the place and if the photo's is correct they still have $.25 for a cup joe.

View attachment 194434
yum ..make mine a foot long hot dog and a malt shake please and keep the change on the dollar !!

Reactions: LarryTJ

View attachment 194434

Seeing prices like that completely turns around the "1.99 are you out of your mind?" Denny's ad message.

Reactions: LarryTJ