Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

Not a photo, but a video of a dad crashing his '66 Vette through the fence and into the side of his house. He's so pissed that he barely looks at the Vette and spends more time 'fixing' the fence. The comments on YouTube are brutal :LOL:

• Face Palm
  • Wow
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Zorba
Just got home today from working in New Hampshire for the past week at a big name chocolate company. Had to install some new conveyors on a mezzanine that was around 25 to 30ft up. Not gonna lie, it was sketchy as hell getting the equipment up there. A few times I was betting the load was going down lol

20201107_095002.jpg

20201107_095243.jpg

The locals kept telling us to check out Hampton beach since the weather was so nice, so we decided we earned a long lunch on the last day and went to check it out. Well the weather had other plans by the time we got there. Still it was a cool area and I'm sure the ocean looks very nice this time of year lol

20201109_124121.jpg

20201109_124140.jpg

20201109_124703.jpg

20201109_123723.jpg

1928 Underwood No.5
View attachment 206888

It works. I typed a couple of paragraphs and I think my fingers are going to die.
Niiiice! I learned on something similar, although a few centuries newer. Which is why - when the IBM PC came out - I had to re-train myself to be able to type on the new style, flat, slope-less keyboards. IBM had the best keyboard on the planet in 1981 - the superb Selectric keyboard - instead of using that, they gave us the flat style and keyboards haven't been the same since!

Don't get me started on Apple's bullshit reintroduction of the "Chicklet" keyboard starting about 5 or 6 years back...

I learned on an Olivetti in high school way back in 1973. Started the year at 23 wpm and finished at 20 wpm. ;) My future wife could do 120. She still can do pretty close to that. My typing sounds like tik, tik, tik. Hers sounds like a long running fart.

• Wow
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I've always been a very fast typist, but the downside of it is that I'm VERY sensitive to keyboards, and the crap that has passed for keyboards since 1981 has been a constant source of irritation. Flat, clicky, various incarnations of "Chicklet", weird layouts, and most especially the relocation of the control key from its time honored location next to "A" down to a completely useless and unergonomic location at the bottom - are among the ills...

Reactions: JEEPCJTJ
I learned on an Olivetti in high school way back in 1973. Started the year at 23 wpm and finished at 20 wpm. ;) My future wife could do 120. She still can do pretty close to that. My typing sounds like tik, tik, tik. Hers sounds like a long running fart.
I'm lucky if I can do 120 LPM (LETTERS per minute) haha

I've always been a very fast typist, but the downside of it is that I'm VERY sensitive to keyboards, and the crap that has passed for keyboards since 1981 has been a constant source of irritation. Flat, clicky, various incarnations of "Chicklet", weird layouts, and most especially the relocation of the control key from its time honored location next to "A" down to a completely useless and unergonomic location at the bottom - are among the ills...
I will say I took typing in high school to meet girls not knowing how important it would be now.