Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

20150220_065322.jpg

This is a short cut. Instead of getting the correct bolt, some Einstein at our shop hacksawed what was on hand to fit. Grade 2 versus Grade 8. Partial thread versus Full thread. No lock washer or Loctite. $14K pump ruined.
50492991057_50c5cdf485_z.jpg

The result of said short cut and other short sightedness from the current management team to get product out the door is why my tired old ass is spending the next few weeks in the middle of Northern Nowhere Minnesota to do a $50K warranty repair.

Spotted this in Pueblo the other day. Only got to see it from the back though.

View attachment 197234

I don't think I would have been going anywhere except to pass it to see more and hope it was going to pull into a parking lot in the next few miles. 20 some years ago I'd have continued taking the wife in labor to the hospital but I'm much beyond that now for a couple different reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch
I don't think I would have been going anywhere except to pass it to see more and hope it was going to pull into a parking lot in the next few miles. 20 some years ago I'd have continued taking the wife in labor to the hospital but I'm much beyond that now for a couple different reasons.
It was a little stressful as we were trying to find a restaurant for dinner, and my wife was incapable of using her phone to find a Mexican restaurant in Pueblo, CO of all places, and my son was in the backseat with his bladder about to burst... At least I managed to snap this shot.

I remember one time my buddy and I went snowboarding at Loveland in his TJ, missed the exit because were ogling a buggy on a trailer, and had to drive through the Eisenhower tunnel and all the way down to Silverthorne to turn around. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
A6531EE2-E022-4DA2-A9FF-C168A5FF9AF0.jpeg

I ran across this pic today and thought I would share... their was a thread pertaining to this product J.E.E.P. but thought I’d add it here.. this is how they were apparently packaged during WW2.

• Love
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Zorba