RCV deal - should I pull the trigger?

Liv2Ryd

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I got a line on a brand new set of RCV Dana 44 axle shafts for $800 OTD. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Revolution Front Axle Kit 30Spl (5-7166X Joint) @ $1033 plus freight. Seems like a no brainer but I have no experience with RCV shafts. Thoughts

I got a line on a brand new set of RCV Dana 44 axle shafts for $800 OTD. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Revolution Front Axle Kit 30Spl (5-7166X Joint) @ $1033 plus freight. Seems like a no brainer but I have no experience with RCV shafts. Thoughts

Warranty and durability are great according to the online community. Ring and pinion becomes the fuse is why I went with cheap import shafts. Up to you really, but $800 sounds like a deal.

Reactions: Wildman
These will be going in my 06 TJR w auto trans. I recently installed Revolution 5:38 gears which have been perfect so far

Reactions: Wildman
So I'm getting ready to install the RCV's on my 06 TJ Rubicon. I'm running a stock Dana 44 except for a 5:38 regear. I'm going to flip my Savvy tierod at the same time so I had @mrblaine send me one of his reworked knuckles. Earlier this year I installed a new set of unit bearings and TeraFlex ball joints (Spicers were out of stock). Anyone have any experience with RCV's playing nicely with the TF ball joints? I recall reading somewhere that some mods to the ball joints are needed.