Really nice leather steering wheel cover

My oem steering wheel felt ‘sticky’ for lack of a better term, wasn’t worn but didn’t feel right so I bought one of these. Matches my interior trim and is very comfortable. No stitching required. But then I don’t have leather seats either.
View attachment 125105
I had a cover of that type on mine. I never really liked it. The leather stitched wrap is a LOT better feeling. Sure it's a pain in the ass to stitch it, but afterward, it's well worth it.

Originally, I bought the "M" wrap, but because I had removed my original steering wheel cover it was too big, so I ordered a "M-", and that is what is in the pic above. It came out ok, and it is tucked under the spoke covers as far as I could tuck it under, but I wanted the steering wheel fatter so just a little while ago, I wrapped the original "M" cover I bought over the other one. I like it better now, not only is the steering wheel fatter, but I got a little bit better and faster at doing it. Also, the larger cover fits better under the two spokes. This one came out quite nice.

It's very easy to get the hole count off from the front to the back after going behind the spokes. I did that on the original wrap, but I made sure not to on the wrap I did today.

I took a pic, but it sucked. I'll get a better one tomorrow.

What does the + and - mean? I guess I didn't notice that when I originally ordered mine.

@Baltimoreed Mine was sticky too. I think the rubber they used for steering wheels back in the day wasn't sun friendly. My wifes Toyota when we met had the same problem and it was a late 90's car.

What does the + and - mean? I guess I didn't notice that when I originally ordered mine.

@Baltimoreed Mine was sticky too. I think the rubber they used for steering wheels back in the day wasn't sun friendly. My wifes Toyota when we met had the same problem and it was a late 90's car.
The thickness of the rim. The M works great covering the factory stuff, but it's too big when the steering wheel is bare. I used a M- on the bare wheel, then a M over the top of that.

So here is the wrap I did the Friday. It's wrapped over the one I did a few days earlier. This one looks better since it was my second time doing it, and the wheel rim is fatter which I like.

1116191302.jpg

I did mine the other day. This is very time consuming if you want it nice and tight. I don't totally love how I did the thread near the spokes, but overall, it looks decent, and feels great. I used a little hook tool to pull the thread tight after every 6-8 loops. This took me over 2 hours, but I also pulled the thread out a few times in spots and did it over until I liked it.

View attachment 125026
Can you send a link of the exact one you ordered. I'm assuming it's the black color.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
doesn't work for me but then again that is an old post
Couldn't find it again but there was a post as recent as 4 months ago mentioning this same guy, and people still buying from him. Only reason I asked. Seems like he does damn good work.

Couldn't find it again but there was a post as recent as 4 months ago mentioning this same guy, and people still buying from him. Only reason I asked. Seems like he does damn good work.

he may have changed his ebay store

So I've got two questions here. Does the link to this guy's store work for anyone else? I get errors everytime I try to access his listings.
And I assume it should, but is the 2 spoke wheel from earlier TJs plug and play/interchangable with the 4 spoke on later ones?
I like the look of the 2 spoke better and want to swap mine out.
One mounts with a washer head bolt, the other mounts with a nut to the steering column. The splined sections are the same on both columns and steering wheels. The cruise control buttons are different.

As always YMMV but I've had the Aully Park wheel on my 08 TL daily driver for 3 years and 50k+ miles and never had a single issue with quality. It is tedious to put on, and there are some fat parts on my TL where there's gaps, so the look isn't 100% perfect, but I've been happy with it.

tl_steering1.jpg

tl_steering2.jpg

tl_steering3.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
One mounts with a washer head bolt, the other mounts with a nut to the steering column. The splined sections are the same on both columns and steering wheels. The cruise control buttons are different.
Would you happen to know if the buttons share connectors?
While I know the buttons look different they still have all the same functions, correct?

I just received my new steering wheel from him a couple of weeks ago. Excellent quality and workmanship!

He has two user names
aacarsaa and aacars14

View attachment 183057
That looks awesome! So this guy sells the steering wheel covers on ebay or do you ship him your wheel and he does it sort of thing?

I tried doing one of those stitched covers on my 98's wheel. Came out awful and I took it off. :oops:

Neither of his eBay accounts seem to work for me.
I did however, manage to find him on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/aacars14/
That looks awesome! So this guy sells the steering wheel covers on ebay or do you ship him your wheel and he does it sort of thing?

I tried doing one of those stitched covers on my 98's wheel. Came out awful and I took it off. :oops:
You either send him a wheel, or he sells pre-done ones. Either way it's a full removal/replacement, not just a cover.

Screenshot_20200811-142456.png

Reactions: jeepguy03
Neither of his eBay accounts seem to work for me.
I did however, manage to find him on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/aacars14/
You either send him a wheel, or he sells pre-done ones. Either way it's a full removal/replacement, not just a cover.

View attachment 183061
Gotcha, thanks for the info! My jeep hides in the garage in the winter so maybe the perfect time to send out the wheel. Normally I'm all about DIY but my stitching skills are apparently worse than I thought.

PILOT Automotive SW-101 Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover
Price:$32.99 & FREE Returns
  • Made from genuine, high-grade, padded leather
  • Slip-on installation can be completed in seconds
  • Non-slip backing for true response
  • Provides a comfortable connection between you, your vehicle and the road
  • Fits most steering wheels with 14.5" to 15" diameter

1597172686174.png

• Haha
Reactions: L J