Rear axle not centered

Ante_Up

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So I'm starting work on swapping out my rear coils and arms and I noticed that the axle is off center. The previous owner had a 4" lift installed years ago, and the rear has a track bar relocation bracket. My question now, is there anything else that would cause the rear axle to not be centered besides the track bar?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Due to the change in angle of the stock track bar, the axle moves sideways during a lift. The taller the lift, the more it moves sideways.
The best fix is an adjustable length track bar like the JKS, Metalcloak, or Currie trackbars

Reactions: AndyG
I figured... Just thought the relocation bracket was "supposed" to resolve that. Anyway, I'll order an adjustable... Thanks

Off center which way, and by how much? Check the relocation bracket you have. If the lift is 4" then the bracket should move the axel mounted end upwards the same 4" to make up for the lift. If it's anything less then 4" you have the wrong relocation bracket. I would get an adjustable rear track bar, center the axel and you're done.

Yeah it's a 4" lift, and the bracket is 4" higher. It was off a good inch or more,with the wheel sticking out more on the passenger side

The relocation brackets correct for about 2" of lift. The rest requires a longer track bar.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Cool thanks.. I'll pick up an adjustable track bar this week

Cool thanks.. I'll pick up an adjustable track bar this week

They told ya right ...I have a 4” lift and it took one front and rear ....you are on the path to better driving .

Reactions: Ante_Up
I spoke to DPG dirk today and he said he would never relocate the rear track bracket. But everyone here seems to do it. So is it a cheap unsafe way of fixing a problem or acceptable?

Well from what I'm experiencing I'd say a relocate bracket is worthless for a 4" lift. My axle is offset to the passenger side, the driver side shock is straight vertical, the passenger is at an angle and the ride quality sucks. I can let you know after this weekend when I finish it though

Well from what I'm experiencing I'd say a relocate bracket is worthless for a 4" lift. My axle is offset to the passenger side, the driver side shock is straight vertical, the passenger is at an angle and the ride quality sucks. I can let you know after this weekend when I finish it though

Do it. You will be glad . I had a mess when I got mine..,they can be fixed . Be persistent.

Reactions: Ante_Up