inkedrose

washed up superhero
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I have 150 pound of dogs that go everywhere with me. Been searching for a rear cargo pad that was easy to clean, waterproof and durable. Also wanted something a little thicker to protect dogs from getting slammed around while off road. Looked at Bedrug but didn't seem worth the price or sturdy enough to handle the dogs. Weather Tech made a good rubber mat but it didn't cover the full back. Couldn't find anything that covered full cargo area. I ended up buying some cheap Harbor freight flooring and cut it to fit. Cut out all hinges and everything to still accommodate rear seat. It worked pretty well for over a year but dogs eventually destroyed it.
Been searching for large rubber mats and stumbled across 3/4" "horse stall mats" at Tractor Supply for $39. A razor blade and torch got me exactly what I've been looking for.
Cut it to fit. Wanted a little overhang to get water to run down to front seats, my front drain plugs are out. Took a torch and heated the ledge area to roll/mold the mat. Put some wood it to help brace it as it cooled. I never run a back seat so didn't bother notching out those areas this time. For $39 can't beat it. Was searching ideas on here before finding these. Hope it helps someone else out

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...6PdZy1Ee91clCMThbmfWFkWFxb-OQbXgaAhJ7EALw_wcB

Bed.jpeg

3:4%22 mat tractor supply.jpeg

Harbor freight floor mats .jpeg

old haggard, chewed up, floor mat.jpeg

braced to heat and curl.jpeg

Horse mat.jpeg

I have 150 pound of dogs that go everywhere with me. Been searching for a rear cargo pad that was easy to clean, waterproof and durable. Also wanted something a little thicker to protect dogs from getting slammed around while off road. Looked at Bedrug but didn't seem worth the price or sturdy enough to handle the dogs. Weather Tech made a good rubber mat but it didn't cover the full back. Couldn't find anything that covered full cargo area. I ended up buying some cheap Harbor freight flooring and cut it to fit. Cut out all hinges and everything to still accommodate rear seat. It worked pretty well for over a year but dogs eventually destroyed it.
Been searching for large rubber mats and stumbled across 3/4" "horse stall mats" at Tractor Supply for $39. A razor blade and torch got me exactly what I've been looking for.
Cut it to fit. Wanted a little overhang to get water to run down to front seats, my front drain plugs are out. Took a torch and heated the ledge area to roll/mold the mat. Put some wood it to help brace it as it cooled. I never run a back seat so didn't bother notching out those areas this time. For $39 can't beat it. Was searching ideas on here before finding these. Hope it helps someone else out

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...6PdZy1Ee91clCMThbmfWFkWFxb-OQbXgaAhJ7EALw_wcB

View attachment 453508

View attachment 453509

View attachment 453510

View attachment 453511

View attachment 453512

View attachment 453513

appreciate the tip on torching the cut ends. I think our local D&b also has 1/2" and I have seen 3/8 on a roll somewhere. That pasture mat is durable stuff and thought of doing something similar to save the carpet and have a no slip surface. Would have been handy yesterday. I was following the route a great northern wood hunter had driven. He had spilled a part of a load dried/split firewood- I had to stop and seize the opportunity.

Reactions: inkedrose
appreciate the tip on torching the cut ends. I think our local D&b also has 1/2" and I have seen 3/8 on a roll somewhere. That pasture mat is durable stuff and thought of doing something similar to save the carpet and have a no slip surface. Would have been handy yesterday. I was following the route a great northern wood hunter had driven. He had spilled a part of a load dried/split firewood- I had to stop and seize the opportunity.

haha Never pass up free goods! 1/2" would have been easier to work with. They had these on sale so snatched it up. My knees preferred crawling around in the back with the thicker pad