Rear coil spring relocation brackets

get it on stands position the axle where you'd like it to be and start getting real info. hang a plumb bob off the frame to the spring pad on the axle, and you have the upper pad location or cut in spot. until that's known, what you need to make it work may not be either of those or part of 1.

Reactions: pc1p
Curious if you got around to this, Currently buying up some parts for my build and I'm thinking more and more about a little rear stretch but wanting to keep the coils as winter roads are hell on coilovers. I'm hoping to run the largest tank possible so I'm curious what you get to fit.

I'm glad this came up. I stumbled across this picture from a shop who did a stretch keeping the coil arch location.

121235903_2077670192365327_7152606262898769560_n.jpg

Reactions: srimes
Interesting approach, looks like it gives you room to run a larger tank as well. Not sure I'm a fan, but its a solution.

So seems I derailed this post later on by posting pics of a 9” stretch I helped with. I plan on stretching this Jeep out to 5-6” in the rear. So it won’t be anywhere near as far back as the pictures. Anyway. I am looking for rear spring relocation brackets. The Barnes4x4 brackets seem to notch them into the frame but state they work from 4”-11” stretch. The Genright version don’t give a number but they do not notch into the frame either. Anyone used a set they know work for 5-6” rear stretch?
Thanks.

If you're stretching the rear of your Jeep by 5-6 inches, you'll need the right coil spring relocation brackets to keep the suspension in good shape. Barnes4x4 and Genright are both solid options, but they have different designs, especially in how they connect to the frame. These brackets usually fit into the frame, which makes them really sturdy but can mean cutting into the frame. That makes them more permanent and a bit trickier to install.

• Dislike
Reactions: rasband
If you're stretching the rear of your Jeep by 5-6 inches, you'll need the right coil spring relocation brackets to keep the suspension in good shape. Barnes4x4 and Genright are both solid options, but they have different designs, especially in how they connect to the frame. These brackets usually fit into the frame, which makes them really sturdy but can mean cutting into the frame. That makes them more permanent and a bit trickier to install.

Or we can forego all that nonsense and move the arch back and keep the suspension intact.