Rear coil spring relocation brackets

And that is all to keep what the spring at the top of the arch with the stock spring mount location on the frame? Or to keep the axle tucking in the center of the arch? I guess that aspect would be beneficial for sure. I may loose an inch of uptravel with the relocation of the springs depending on were they wind up and will be buying shorter springs but we are changing those out on it anyway. But I d like the bump stops alignment to be good.
It's to preserve the existing suspension with fewer compromises.

Reactions: mattcogdell
So he gets coil bind that limits his uptravel?
No it’s were we set the bumps to keep everything’s clearances happy. If I remember correctly the spring were still ok. But we were fighting the clearance of body tire, collapsed shock length clearance, and upper 4 link axle mounts to body clearance it was a fight getting it all back that far and everything to work and clearance but it does work great so far.

Reactions: Wildman
No it’s were we set the bumps to keep everything’s clearances happy. If I remember correctly the spring were still ok. But we were fighting the clearance of body tire, collapsed shock length clearance, and upper 4 link axle mounts to body clearance it was a fight getting it all back that far and everything to work and clearance but it does work great so far.
Why was there issues with the tire to body clearance? Collapsed shock length clearance? Does he have a big truss on that diff?

Why was there issues with the tire to body clearance? Collapsed shock length clearance? Does he have a big truss on that diff?
Because he insisted on 14” travel Shocks and getting full use of the travel in them and 37” tires. Without removing too much body or going into the passenger space for mounts etc. And yes there is a truss on the axle with the upper 4 link mounts on top of that. So like mentioned it’s all compromises to fit and package things when you want to modify and keep body panels and under body fuel tanks etc but still want more wheelbase for stability on extreme climbs. Not my intention to derail the thread. I’m only looking for 5”ish stretch on the one I’m getting ready to tackle. My personal Jeep sits at 100” wheelbase and I’m happy with it there for now. I’d like to see this one at 98-99” if I can get everything happy there. Just looking for bracket opinions really.
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman and pc1p
Seems I derailed my own thread by posting photos of one I helped a good friend with. Just was showing how the Barnes brackets went on with 9” of stretch. I’m shooting for 5ish inches. So it won’t be anywhere near that far back

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jjvw
I haven't done a stretch yet and I'm considering the same stretch as you (4"-5") with coils. Using the picture as a reference, if the coil relocation brackets are moved further forward , say 4", they would travel "up the arch", so to speak, to regain additional uptravel.. How much, is a question maybe Barnes4wd can answer.

Yeah I plan to give both companies a call today to ask some questions. I’m sure I can get either set to work. And have basically worked with both mentioned products in the past. Although the version of the Genright relocation brackets I have on my Jeep are an older non adjustable Version. And the Barnes ones were stretched a lot further back. I’m just hoping to not have a huge increase in ride height making it an issue finding a good spring or making the Jeep sit even taller. Hopefully we can get away with A 3” spring in the rear and a 4” up front when all is said and done.

Reactions: Wildman
Seems I derailed my own thread by posting photos of one I helped a good friend with. Just was showing how the Barnes brackets went on with 9” of stretch. I’m shooting for 5ish inches. So it won’t be anywhere near that far back
That seems to happen a lot sometimes. IMO people lose sight of the original question for some reason and then it turns into a free for all. I hope the Barnes kit works good and from what I know with the amount of stretch you want I think they will.

I like the GR kit also and almost bought it also.

That seems to happen a lot sometimes. IMO people lose sight of the original question for some reason and then it turns into a free for all. I hope the Barnes kit works good and from what I know with the amount of stretch you want I think they will.

I like the GR kit also and almost bought it also.
Thanks I’m sure it will. I may go ahead and buy the Genright one as well as the Barnes bracket I have coming from you. I can play with them both and see which way I want to go. The reason I went ahead and bought the Barnes from you was it will get used by me or a buddy at some point anyway. Seems my little group of friends is always building something. I like the notch into the frame Barnes incorporates as I think it will allow the spring to sit up at a higher level while keeping the mount level.

Reactions: pc1p and Wildman
I don't see any pictures of GR's coil relocation brackets in a stretch application, though. Their website just shows one picture at the top of the arch, something that can be done with the factory perch...

Curious how this works out for you - I'm looking at 4-5" in the rear as well and want to keep coils. If I get to the point where I need C/O's, I'm going buggy :)

I put these on mine, no stretch though. Fit was good and the design is solid.

https://metalcloak.com/tj-upper-rear-weld-on-spring-bucket-relocation.html
IMG_2736_zpsskel6sym.jpg

IMG_2758_zpsozzr7dli.jpg

IMG_2772_zpscxx5uo3w.jpg

Reactions: Wildman and Rescue6