Rear control arms and alignment question

Fletch2

Hello,

Do you need an alignment after replacing the rear upper and lower control arms on a TJ? I just had mine replaced and I didn’t think about it until I got home, because on my bill where it itemizes everything it states, “alignment not included”. So the shop didn’t do one and they didn’t ask if I wanted one. I have all stock suspension on my ‘06 TJ.

Thanks!

Reactions: Not_Invented_Here_
Hello,

Do you need an alignment after replacing the rear upper and lower control arms on a TJ? I just had mine replaced and I didn’t think about it until I got home, because on my bill where it itemizes everything it states, “alignment not included”. So the shop didn’t do one and they didn’t ask if I wanted one. I have all stock suspension on my ‘06 TJ.

Thanks!

I think if they aren't adjustable, then no you shouldn't need one. I'm likewise stock and did my upper CA's but at the same time as the ZJ steering and I opted to get one just in case my driveway measurements were off. I was told it wasn't a big deal at the time if I just did arms.

Reactions: Goatman
Stock non adjustable arms should present no alignment problems. Assuming you didn't change anything else. As said, watch tire wear.