Rear Facing Car Seat Recommendations

BeardorBust

SHIBBY
Supporting Member
We are putting in a new car seat into my 2004 TJ and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for a good rear facing car seat that fits well in the back seat. Already have one for my 5 year old so this will fit next to his.

We are looking at a rear facing seat now, likely won't be going in the jeep but these revolving seats seem very handy.

If you mount it on the hood it's really easy to keep track of the kids. They'll have a great time too!

-Mac

I like strapping them to the top of the sport cage. Much better visibility that way.
We are putting in a new car seat into my 2004 TJ and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for a good rear facing car seat that fits well in the back seat. Already have one for my 5 year old so this will fit next to his.

I went through this and found the only way they fit was with the front seats so far forward I couldn't drive. I wound up moving my rear seat back to accommodate which is no small project. Bottom line, you just might not have enough room (except right in the middle but you said two kid's seats so...).

Are you talking a pumpkin style for an infant or a rear facing that stays permanently mounted? I have two seats in mine no problem, ones a pumpkin though.