Rear Rusty's Off-Road track bar fitment issues

I mean I have photos of both ends partial installed and u can clearly see that the axle end will probably not go in if I bend the bracket. If I have both end pushed in, the axle side is definitely crooked going in. If I install the axle end first it goes in smooth but the fame side is off. Its like the new one needs a slight bend at the adjustable head to compensate for the straight mount. The original installed fine. But ill humor them and try to bend it a little bit

View attachment 362700

View attachment 362701

Did you try with the bracket you had also?

I had a few personal run-ins with Rusty probably 20 years ago after he refused to help people that had issues with a couple of his products and he refused to help them. In my experience his post-sales support is zero.

• Angry
Reactions: DougyintheBushies
I had a few personal run-ins with Rusty probably 20 years ago after he refused to help people that had issues with a couple of his products and he refused to help them. In my experience his post-sales support is zero.

I meet him at a dodge dealership sponsored Jeep show about 10 years ago. Wasn't the friendliest guy there.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Here is the response from rustys after I told them that bending the bracket will probably not work. So I should hopefully be getting a new bar.

Thank you for reaching out to us! Sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with our track bar. I have shown the provided image to our fabrication department and we are going to send you out a replacement track bar. It appears that one of the bends on the bar may not be correct. We are going to check the replacement bar we are sending to ensure that it will fit correctly. Is the address below where we need to send the replacement bar too?

Here is the response from rustys after I told them that bending the bracket will probably not work. So I should hopefully be getting a new bar.

Thank you for reaching out to us! Sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with our track bar. I have shown the provided image to our fabrication department and we are going to send you out a replacement track bar. It appears that one of the bends on the bar may not be correct. We are going to check the replacement bar we are sending to ensure that it will fit correctly. Is the address below where we need to send the replacement bar too?

Lol they sent the wrong bar it wasn’t been wrong

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Lol they sent the wrong bar it wasn’t been wrong

And it continues...

how much lift do you have ? Do you have the vehicle sitting on the tires or jacked up? It needs to be on it's tires , You need to center the body over the axle with a strap, get it centered side to side and then adjust the bar to the length, you may have to remove the strap to get the bar into place but try to keep it as close to ride height as possible. I would mount to the frame first , then it may be required depending on the lift to push it forward or pull it backwards to get it in the pocket and then use the strap to pull it into place. Try that and let us know if any other issues

• Face Palm
After responding to their email, got a shipping notification email from rustys. So I guess I'll see what shows up on Friday lol

Screenshot_20220928_200150.jpg

Got a response

"The never looked at the drawing, someone jump to the gun.

That is where it is easiest to un do the strap and let the body shift, slide the bar in the pocket and then ratchet back over in place, make sure you have the trac bar adjusted to the correct length , when you use the strap to put it back center then install the bolts, make sure on the ground and torque bolts , lock down the jam nt and your ready to go, Let me know if you still don't understand and I will call you tomorrow , Thanks"