Rear seat belts with car seats

97JeepTJ4x4

I’m looking to add a third seat belt to my Jeep and the two retractable seat belts don’t lock when a car seat is in.

I have yet to take my kids in the Jeep due to this and really want to. What have you done to add a third seat belt and place 3 car seats… Links to new parts would be great.

Thanks

Take a look, if you pull ALL the seat belt out of the retractor when your hooking up the car seats they will lock up.
Pull the belt ALL out, hold it as you connect the belt to the seat, after it's connected as you let the belt retract you will hear it " click "as it retracts when it's in this mode the belt will continue to tighten and not release like when you use a seatbelt normally.
Good luck and be safe with the little ones !

Reactions: R49
Im not sure what I’d do with 3 kids but I’d probably figure it out, right now my kid and his friend (wen he comes) has PRP 5 OT harness

Take a look, if you pull ALL the seat belt out of the retractor when your hooking up the car seats they will lock up.
Pull the belt ALL out, hold it as you connect the belt to the seat, after it's connected as you let the belt retract you will hear it " click "as it retracts when it's in this mode the belt will continue to tighten and not release like when you use a seatbelt normally.
Good luck and be safe with the little ones !
Yeah which is how my other cars work but for some reason the Jeep ones when pulled all the at out still don’t lock

I'm interested in the answer to this. I have a 5 year old daughter who loves playing around in my jeep but has never ridden in it. I would love to take her out. The anchors aren't laid out in a way that makes since to attach the LATCH system on the car seat and my seatbelts don't lock when I pull them out either.

Just get a motorcycle...
1648568173424.png

Pull the back seat...buy a tube bender and build/weld a triple car seat anchor/platform and exoskeleton. Rouge Fab makes a nice one.

Make it bolt in so in a couple of years when the kids get bigger you can pull it and put the original seat back.

-Mac