Rear window hardtop washer check valve

AO Chief

When I separated and removed my hardtop for repair and paint, the washer check valve snapped in half. I found one that is part of a kit for an 02 to 07 with Quadratech for a mere $32 plus $11 S&H. Checked with dealer. Mine is a 1998 TJ and no longer available through Jeep. Am I just stuck paying 40 some odd bucks for this tiny plastic part or is there a workaround that someone is aware of?

I have compared the broken one to the photo of the one from Quadratech and it looks to be exactly the same. I'm just trying to avoid paying $44 for a piece of plastic. Guess I'm going to just have to bite the bullet.

Contact one of the members parting out a Jeep in the Classifieds Section of this Forum and see if they will work a deal with you.
There is a check valve in the front squirter circuit that you should be able to use; just make sure you test flow direction to install it properly.

Last edited:
According to this thread a 1/8" x 1/8" vacuum line connector will do the trick and the check valve itself is unnecessary. I have the same issue and plan to give it a try.