Rebuild Spicer prop shaft or buy aftermarket?

UK STUBBS

Supporting Member
Hi I wonder if you guys could give me some advice please I’m trying to sort through things on my 2003 4sp auto tj I think one of it’s previous owners must have had a pretty high lift on it, just going off the dropped pitman arm and 1.5” transfer case drop.when I purchased this off a guy he hadn’t had it long but told me he hand just had a 2” ome springs and shocks fit so I thought great just about the height I’d like it .
So in trying to stop the massive vibrations i have been having I put 1/2 case drop which have been great on my last tj autos.still vibrating,found a loose uj on the front of my front prop shaft the plastic seal thing on the bearing cups had broken away so allowing movement so I took the prop off and it’s greatly improved things.i have inspected uj,s on the rest of the front and rear props and a lot off them have cracks in the plastic seals on the cups.
The front prop seems to be a spicer unit my question is would you rebuild these props with new uj’s or just buy new aftermarket prop shafts I will be doing little to no off roading in this jeep?
Thanks
Mark

IMG_4600.jpeg

IMG_4592.jpeg

IMG_4599.jpeg

Probably go that route would the spicer prop be original equipment as I’m worried about it being too long as I suspect it’s had a lot more lift on it in the past or am a over thinking?

Thanks does anybody know if the rear prop shaft are the same uj’s so I can order them at the same time?
Thanks again.
Mark