Recommended fairlead on ARB deluxe bumper for synthetic rope?

Tldelaney

TJ Enthusiast
Looking to install synthetic rope for my winch on the deluxe ARB bumper with bull bar. What do you guys recommend for fairlead? I took some pictures and noticed the recessed mounting points which may cause issues with the rope at a severe angles with a hawse. On the other hand, I can’t find quality delrin rollers to utilize instead of the stainless steel rollers that come on it right now. Any ideas Besides purchasing a new bumper? 🤣

8484355F-A6A6-4672-8BD1-B94EACBACEA2.jpeg
E0EBB0F0-3A83-4AEB-AE87-AED432C1EBDC.jpeg
3348700F-2994-4280-BE32-A31C9E198573.jpeg

I was interested in it but worried that I couldn’t use the thimble feature because of the recess. There has to be a spacer kit or something to push it out further so I could use something like the TRE fairlead.

You'd probably need some spacers to use the thimble holder feature.

However, TRE also makes one without that thimble mount on it as well.

Hard to tell how much clearance you've got from that angle. I've got a Factor 55 1.5 Hawse on mine, it's 1.5" thick. Beautiful piece.

Factor 55 Hawse

If that's not enough you could use that and cut out any spacer you need from steel plate but I'd find it hard to justify the price at that point.

Regardless I think it's going to look kind of funny without filling out the gap all around it.

Your new synthetic rope will be fine with the existing roller fairlead if the rollers are smooth and not gouged up from the wire rope. If they're not smooth you can use a grinder, file etc. on them until they're smooth again.

I could definitely justify doing that especially since I wouldn't have to spend more money. I'll inspect it tonight. Possibly another part to powder coat :D

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: DrDmoney
I have decided to keep the roller fairlead and opted for the Factor 55 Splicer. I went with this over the safety thimble primarly due to the rubber base to prevent any metal to metal contact on the roller fairlead. I am sure I could fab up a rubber base plate for the ST and will consider it in the future.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I have decided to keep the roller fairlead and opted for the Factor 55 Splicer. I went with this over the safety thimble primarly due to the rubber base to prevent any metal to metal contact on the roller fairlead. I am sure I could fab up a rubber base plate for the ST and will consider it in the future.
Your Jeep is primarily metal to metal that is bolted together. The F55 is a blatant rip-off of the original Safety Thimble as designed by forum member mrblaine.