Regional TJ Fest

gasiorv

I'm a new world samurai, and a redneck nonetheless
Supporting Member
As an attendee of TJ Fest 2021 in Moab, I have to say it was awesome, worth the trip, and should be continued annually. Moab is a very special place which gives so many trail options and provides a week long of bucket list enjoyment. Everyone who enjoys Jeeps and wheeling their jeeps should experience this at least once in their lives and I recommend everyone attend at least once in the future. An Annual TJ Fest (even unofficial like 2021) is a great place to wheel, meet fellow TJ enthusiasts, and just enjoy a week of awesome views.

Having said that, Moab is a very far drive for most of the those East of the Mississippi (probably east of the Colorado/Kansas border for that fact) and I believe it is worth the trip for a week long adventure and would gladly drive the 25 hours one way again for a week long trip, but if I was limited to any shorter than a week there is no way I would make that drive. It has been mentioned before but how about some 3 day regional get togethers (unofficial/official rides). I don't know anywhere in my region that would provide more than a few days of wheeling, there is nothing close to the amount of centralized trails like Moab has, most of my region has off road parks that you can get through in a day or two and then be ready to move on, so a week long get together is really not feasible.

I would be willing to help out with a Mid-South Region get together, probably can include TN, AR, AL, MS, KY, MO, OK, LA, TX possibly IL, IN and further if people are willing. Location would need trails for all levels and lodging to accommodate a small group (cabins, campground, RV hookups, or a town nearby with hotels).
Parks that come to mind are:
Central location to Mid-South:
Hot Springs Off-Road Park - Hot Springs Arkansas
Hawk Pride - Tuscumbia AL
SMORR - somewhere in middle of MO
Further East:
Windrock - Oak Ridge, TN ( pretty far east and pushing the limit for those on the west side of the Mississippi river, but it is very large park and you could easily spend a few days here)
AOP - S Pittsburg, TN (you could also do a day at Coppinger Cove, or head over to hit iron Gap Rd trail)

If others are willing to work out the details, there could also be a Northeast, Southeast, MidWest, Dakotas, PNW, etc..... as I am sure there is local trails in those regions that could handle a get together. I know I would be interested in attending some of these other regions as well, especially the Black Hills in SD, hint, hint.

I will post up a Mid-South Thread in the regional forum to see the interest. Unfortunately the Regional Forum is broken down by states and not large regions, so I am going to try and not attach a state, just put it into the United States and title it Mid-South, but if I have to add a state, it will be TN.

Great idea, not much up here that would make for much more than a weekend of wheeling.

Moab is unique and can easily fill a week of wheeling. However, most events across the country are usually just a long weekend. I think most would travel up to 8 hours (or more) for 3 days of wheeling. Plus it gives you the rest of the week to enjoy other activities. I used to belong to a CJ8 (internet) club that moves their annual event around the country every year. I believe next year will be their 20th. IIRC, they have held events at all the places you mentioned.
In addition to - all levels of trails, and lodging; you should include activities near by for the whole family.

There’s a lot of folks in my area that head up to Hot Springs ORV park regularly, some several times a year. It’s a 6 1/2 hour drive for us but makes a great weekend trip. Plenty of camping, RV spots, and lodging. Good trails too.

You don’t even have to make it an official regional event kind of thing. If you visit the regional forums, you will see people meeting up for occasional weekend trips. I keep an eye on the thread “Texas Jeepers” for this reason and have met up with some of the guys before.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I’d love to make it out to Arizona to do some wheeling. If it is long enough to justify the drive (1 week) I would jump on that!
Yep, just waiting for the cooler weather. The wheeling out here is nothing short of amazing, I can promise you that. I’ll post more details once I set a date and organize things better.

Reactions: starkey480 and Tob
Will there be a 2022 TJ Fest in Moab?

I'm up for a Northeast TJ Fest. There are 3 parks in Central PA that are terrific. Rausch Creek (3 badge of honor trails), AOAA, and Famous Reading Outdoors.

Minus the fact that Sedona isn’t going to be anywhere close to the same wheeling you’re going to find down here near Florence. Sedona will be for the guys with mildly built rigs.
Are you saying I need to put the 31's on on disconnect my lockers to make it more challenging :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: starkey480