Removed the top for the first time

coherent

Removed the top and doors yesterday. Previous owner said they were never removed. I'm sure this is the first time they have been removed since it was built. Door pins were really stuck and hard top took a lot of work to break the seal.
Was worth it. Perfect weather in Arizona yesterday. This was Northwest of Sedona on Schnebly Hill Road. A beautiful ride. As soon as I got home ordered a bikini top and drill rail!

schnebly hill view small.jpg

Removed the top and doors yesterday. Previous owner said they were never removed. I'm sure this is the first time they have been removed since it was built. Door pins were really stuck and hard top took a lot of work to break the seal.
Was worth it. Perfect weather in Arizona yesterday. This was Northwest of Sedona on Schnebly Hill Road. A beautiful ride. As soon as I got home ordered a bikini top and drill rail!
View attachment 95813

View attachment 95814
I was up there this morning around 4:30 for the sunrise. It was definitely beautiful out yesterday!

View attachment 95813

View attachment 95814
Mine was the same when I got it...tough to get the doors off and the roof hadn't been down either ….I wonder sometimes why buy a soft top and not drop the top (scratches head)...
Your in the perfect area for doors and roof off.....Love that colour too, its one of my favourites.

You convinced me. I just placed my order. We had the top and doors off for the first time this weekend and the Alabama overhead sun was the only negative. Can’t wait to try it out.

You won't regret it. I didn't think it could be that big of a deal until I ordered one. Now I could never, ever see going without one. This protects you from getting absolutely roasted in the vehicle, and lets just enough sun through to make for an awesome ride.

Reactions: BamaJeep
Nice Jeep, love the color and the seats! I'm a bit jealous of all of you who have such good topless weather. We are still too cold and having heavy rains in North Idaho for me top keep mine off.

Was looking at the Alien shade tops and think the orage would have looked good on mine, but went with the Bestop full length bikini and the drill mount rail. Heard good comments about both and the ease of removing/installing the top with the rail. Think I need to order a trail cover also though. Hard top isn't to bad to remove/install but not exactly quick and easy.

Reactions: Mrgreg66
A trail cover is a smart idea. I've owned my Bestop cover for 12 years and is a solid investment. Spidy shade is priceless! The safari tops can be a bit noisy on the freeway, fyi.

Nice Jeep, love the color and the seats! I'm a bit jealous of all of you who have such good topless weather. We are still too cold and having heavy rains in North Idaho for me top keep mine off.

Thanks. The seats have Bartact tactical covers. Without a doubt the best seat covers i have ever owned. Yes, the weather is great here for topless, but summer days in some parts of Arizona in the summer when the temps range in the 110-115 degree range are brutal. Top on and the AC blowing cold air definately has it's time and place.

Reactions: Mrgreg66
View attachment 95813
Nice looking TJ!
Did the exact same thing on Sat. Rode all weekend like this. Of course I had to put it all back together late last night, Raining today, damn it!

Nice looking TJ!
Did the exact same thing on Sat. Rode all weekend like this. Of course I had to put it all back together late last night, Raining today, damn it!
View attachment 96254

Ha it goes very quickly from being too big of a hassle or chore to "whatever, I'll suck it up for a couple hours worth of being able to drive around with everything removed."

Nice rig tho, I have same color. What fog lights are you running on the bumper? Also, what lift/kit?

Ha it goes very quickly from being too big of a hassle or chore to "whatever, I'll suck it up for a couple hours worth of being able to drive around with everything removed."

Nice rig tho, I have same color. What fog lights are you running on the bumper? Also, what lift/kit?
Fog lights are Hella.
Lift kit is the POC 4" Skyjacker, I say POC as the front is 4", back is 3" with a 1.5" TC drop so they didn't have to do a SYE kit with DC rear driveshaft (the way it should have been done), this was all done by a previous owner,,, this will be corrected in the future.