Removing rear wheel well liners?

Read above. Sounds like they're using salt again.

But ya for rust prevention. I don't want to be one of those guys laying on my back, grinding away on rust 5 years from now and using por15 over it. I'd rather have it undercoated. Or use por15 now. I'll ask for the proper under coating in another thread.

Oh, I didn't realize that! In that case, I wouldn't even be driving in the Winter, haha!

Salt is my enemy!

I had planned to remove mine from the rear for years but just never did it.
Then in a fit of rage that morphed into sheer stupidity lit one on fire with a torch............they're gone now.................

So that's just another path that you could choose to take to get them removed.
I'm not saying that's the best route to take to get there, but it's good to be aware of your options.

I had planned to remove mine from the rear for years but just never did it.
Then in a fit of rage that morphed into sheer stupidity lit one on fire with a torch............they're gone now.................

So that's just another path that you could choose to take to get them removed.
I'm not saying that's the best route to take to get there, but it's good to be aware of your options.
Dang, I caught mine on fire also, removing the chrome tube steps.

What's the consensus on the rear wheel well liners? Do I stand anything to lose by removing them? They're a royal pain in the butt when removing fender flares, lowering the fuel tank, and doing work on the vehicle in general.

I'm not really sure what they do other than keep mud from being flung up there. Just curious who has removed theres and if it would be a bad idea to remove mine.
I'd say it all depends on where you live...when I lived in the northeast (northern NJ) I wouldn't even give a thought to removing a plastic wheel well liner because of all the road salt used in the winter... bit now that I've moved to Yuma AZ, I don't give a passing thought about things rusting if exposed and rarely even run a top or doors anymore