• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Repairing Chinese Bottle Jacks

jjvw

0-60 in 18 seconds
Supporting Member
One of my bottle jacks failed on me today and won't hold pressure. I requested a return through Amazon, but I'm wondering if it is worth repairing. Are the hard parts on these jacks reliable? If replacing junk o-rings with better ones is all that is necessary, I would almost rather do that than play Chinese roulette with a replacement

astjp2

TJ Addict
Check the check ball, it is usually a small ball bearing that gets pitted. Pull the pump part out and it should be at the bottom. Tim

Reactions: jjvw
OP
jjvw

jjvw

0-60 in 18 seconds
Supporting Member
An update on my Chinese bottle jack...

I went through the bleeding process again and also followed this video...

The jack feels and sounds different compared to when I initially bled the air out. I lifted the Jeep up and down several times and then left it in the air for a couple hours. So far so good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
OP
jjvw

jjvw

0-60 in 18 seconds
Supporting Member
We shall see. If it takes on air again, then the problem is deeper.

Reactions: Chris