Replaced Headlights with Truck-Lite Knockoffs

Way more IMHO.. the underside of overhanging trees directly overhead.

It annoyed the crap out of me. The was so much un-needed spill-off of light.
If it were on the ground out front, I might of kept them but I found them distracting to drive with when the top was down. Kept for about two months and then sold them

I'd be curious to know the brand and retailer? I'd think if the light pattern was hitting the bottom of trees. You'd be getting people flashing you all the time.

The edges of mine were jagged along the top. But I only noticed it when pulled up in front of a flat surface. Like my garage. But not noticeable while driving. Certainly not up into the trees. Not any higher than a normal headlight pattern.

But the brightness was ideal. Low, wide and bright. I could see so much better. And never got a flash from another driver. The last set I used for a few years were WHDZ from Amazon. They were the ones everyone was getting at the time. I did notice they stopped selling them for a long time. But are back under that same brand name now.

I bought a set off ebay with another brand name at xmas time for my JKU. They are obviously the same knock offs. But I have not installed them yet.

Ive been running these knockoffs for a number of years too. After installing, the headlights needed to be adjusted downward a significant amount, which causes the top of the light to protrude quite a bit from the grill. That spills light directly above the light itself and makes it damn near impossible to see in any sort of inclement weather. The jeep isn't a daily, I can't remember the last time I had it out past dark so at the moment its not enough for me to change them out.

20201109_173635.jpg

I'd be curious to know the brand and retailer? I'd think if the light pattern was hitting the bottom of trees. You'd be getting people flashing you all the time.

The edges of mine were jagged along the top. But I only noticed it when pulled up in front of a flat surface. Like my garage. But not noticeable while driving. Certainly not up into the trees. Not any higher than a normal headlight pattern.

But the brightness was ideal. Low, wide and bright. I could see so much better. And never got a flash from another driver. The last set I used for a few years were WHDZ from Amazon. They were the ones everyone was getting at the time. I did notice they stopped selling them for a long time. But are back under that same brand name now.

I bought a set off ebay with another brand name at xmas time for my JKU. They are obviously the same knock offs. But I have not installed them yet.
I had these...
Purchased based on recommendations here. I love the temperature, hated the pattern and hated the look of them. I prefer something more period correct. I switched to the Toyota Koito H4 kit. The pattern was amazing, output more than adequate with the HD harness and 80/100 bulbs and they were period correct visually.. but I didn't like the 3800k color.
Switched to the Holley RetroBright LEDs and got the best of all worlds... Great pattern, amazing output, period correct look (you can't tell they are LEDs) and hyper white temperature.

Ive been running these knockoffs for a number of years too. After installing, the headlights needed to be adjusted downward a significant amount, which causes the top of the light to protrude quite a bit from the grill. That spills light directly above the light itself and makes it damn near impossible to see in any sort of inclement weather. The jeep isn't a daily, I can't remember the last time I had it out past dark so at the moment its not enough for me to change them out.

View attachment 496107
And there you have it.

I had to aim them so far down it bottomed out the adjustment screw. I never got flashed by oncoming traffic, but the light pointing up was disorienting.