Replaced Headlights with Truck-Lite Knockoffs

Was Mopar looking for a specific requirement/spec to be met and your company provided the cheapest solution that met that requirement/spec. I believe there to be a slight difference. ;)
Yep. We provided the cheapest solution that met all of the requirements/test specs that were given to us. Would I say it was the best solution to the problem, no, but it got the job done and got us the contract.

The particular product is the JL windshield tie downs. It was designed about a year before the JL was released. We only had a 1" x 1" cutout of the windshield where the tie down goes in. That and a CAD model of the hood bumpers.

I installed mine. But there's a sharp line on the ground about 10 ft in front of my Jeep. And the cut off line at the top is not sharp. It's more like shapes. I drove around a bit. And although I did not get flashed. It seemed like I was lighting up the entire insides of cars turning in from of me sideways.

They appear right side up.

View attachment 108554

View attachment 108555

Hey moab, here is a video to compare yours to the real Truck-lites. The real Truck-lite output is similar to the knockoffs, at least from what I have experienced. It's probably just how this particular design works. I had to adjust mine a bit lower than I had my stockers since the beam pattern was a tad higher/different/brighter.

• Wow
Reactions: Airjunky
Hey moab, here is a video to compare yours to the real Truck-lites. The real Truck-lite output is similar to the knockoffs, at least from what I have experienced. It's probably just how this particular design works. I had to adjust mine a bit lower than I had my stockers since the beam pattern was a tad higher/different/brighter.

Looking at that video I like the truck lites the best.

Have you tried to call or email the manufacture/vendor/seller and ask them for any help?

No. The lights are terrific. I may just need to adjust them down. The video someone posted of the Truck Lite OEM ones have a similar pattern to mine. I think they just may need to come down a notch.

Thank you so much! Mine look just like the OEM Truck Lite's. They just may need to be adjusted down a hair.

Reactions: mots
I installed mine. But there's a sharp line on the ground about 10 ft in front of my Jeep. And the cut off line at the top is not sharp. It's more like shapes. I drove around a bit. And although I did not get flashed. It seemed like I was lighting up the entire insides of cars turning in from of me sideways.

They appear right side up.

View attachment 108554

View attachment 108555
After I had them in a couple weeks, just for giggles I set up an aiming grid one evening. They were correctly aimed as recommended . I haven’t been flashed yet. That bar of light about 10 out was a little odd at right first. Don’t even notice it now. I’m happy with the amount of light they put out, and the contrast and definition. Deer/wildlife stand out very well.

Reactions: mots
After I had them in a couple weeks, just for giggles I set up an aiming grid one evening. They were correctly aimed as recommended . I haven’t been flashed yet. That bar of light about 10 out was a little odd at right first. Don’t even notice it now. I’m happy with the amount of light they put out, and the contrast and definition. Deer/wildlife stand out very well.

I drove around with them on last night. Not one flash back. And they appeared to be adjusted perfectly. I'm very happy with them.

Reactions: mushdogs and mots
Thank you so much! Mine look just like the OEM Truck Lite's. They just may need to be adjusted down a hair.

You are very welcome! I remembered seeing the video and figured it would be best to share. If a picture is worth a 1000 words, a video is worth....well way better than me trying to explain! Others talk of geometric shapes in the beam pattern etc. Must just be how the reflector works for this particular design.

Safety was my biggest reason for wanting to buy some better headlights. I often drive down tree crowded roads and we have our share of deer running wild. Populations are going up even in the more urban areas. Now I can see almost forever with the high beams, LOL. And the low beams give so much greater vision than the stockers on roads like this with a fair amount of traffic.

Nobody ever flashes me either, so I don't feel that I am making things unsafe for others. Obviously, having proper aiming and adjustment is the key. I can't stress this enough for others that haven't adjusted like us. Many folks lift their ride and then don't readjust the stockers. Then they add LED's and things get really bad for oncoming drivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: mushdogs
The folks that understand in general are the makers, builders, suppliers, and developers. If anyone spends the time to develop, originate, figure out production, testing, and then build in warranty costs because there will be defects, then they understand how it works. If you try to explain to the average user looking at a set of LED headlights that the molds for the first set are in the 100,000 dollar price range, they will not understand why that is important or why that 100 grand is a pittance when what it cost to get to where they can make that mold is 5-10 times more.

Starting at zero, Trucklite and JW easily have a million bucks tied up before the first pair of lights went out the door.
You would make a great pharmaceutical company lobbyist.

I bought a set of these from Amazon based on what I have read here. Installed them and all I can say is they are a pleasant surprise. These light the road up with a bright white light and do it well.

One week later: While driving at night I decided to turn on my KC driving lights mounted on the windshield hinge brackets. The difference in the light color was pretty dramatic. The KC lights are yellow while these lights are white with no hint of blue tint. I adjusted them the best I could using the wall of a local business parking lot at 25'. Still fine tuning as I drive, stopping occasionally to tweak up/down or side to side. These are plug and play with standard H4 hook up. An adapter (2) are shipped with the kit to cover other hook ups. Damned good deal for $100.00.

Last edited:
Reactions: RussTJ
Is there any chance someone could save me the 18 page read and tell me if they’ve actually burnt out for anyone yet during their use?

Is there any chance someone could save me the 18 page read and tell me if they’ve actually burnt out for anyone yet during their use?
I've had mine for almost exactly 1 year, and have had no issues.

I ultimately had to point mine down a bit because I was getting flashed a lot. But, to be fair, I never adjusted them after I installed my lift.

Glad I read this thread. I have adjusted my lights and they are very good. This is a huge upgrade from stock. My lights are pointed down, so I don't blind oncoming drivers, which could be very dangerous for them and me. Turn my brights on and they are plenty long and bright. Very pleased and thanks for all the reviews on these.

Glad I read this thread. I have adjusted my lights and they are very good. This is a huge upgrade from stock. My lights are pointed down, so I don't blind oncoming drivers, which could be very dangerous for them and me. Turn my brights on and they are plenty long and bright. Very pleased and thanks for all the reviews on these.
I have these headlights as well but I have not adjusted them. How did you adjust them downward? I think I’m blinding other drivers by the number of high beams I get back🤷🏾‍♂️

I have these headlights as well but I have not adjusted them. How did you adjust them downward? I think I’m blinding other drivers by the number of high beams I get back🤷🏾‍♂️
Headlight adjustment.JPG