Replacement of all sensors, anyone have a quick list?

CreepinDeth

TJ Addict
Guys, I'm done with my suspension, brake, stereo and interior renovations.
I now need to focus on my engine bay and clearing some codes

2003 4.0L 5 sp , 250K on the clock
I had a code I was chasing for the IAC and after trying to clean it, the code wouldn't clear
So I just ended up replacing the entire throttle body, all new 3 sensors on it.......why?? It's cheap, and simple preventative

Ran great for 1 day, code cleared on its own.
2nd day I drew 2 new codes :LOL::ROFLMAO:FML right ??

P0161 - O2 sensor heater on circuit bank
Just ordered the NTK 23141 to hopefully fix that. (As well as 23138, 23139, 23142)

P0442 - EVAP leak detected.
I think I may need to have my buddy do a smoke test to find it.

The reason for this thread however, is I'm looking to get a list of sensors
I should seriously consider replacing and with what people prefer

I'm just going to buy everything all at once because I have an emissions test in a month
I don't have a history report to go off of, so I'm going to replace the ignition stuff and plugs also.
What's everyones preferred options for these ??

Last edited:
There are a few threads on the P0442 and I don't think most of them are sensor-related. I've had that off/on on my 97 but it tends to be off more than it's on and I'm now emissions exempt so it's less of a thorn in my side.

But in general this thread is going to go like this:

"Always get Mopar, but if you can't use NKT/NGK. Some cheapskates like @hear will recommend Standard Motor Products." And the potential for name calling will occur.

• Haha
Reactions: CreepinDeth
Those first 2 for sure
I ordered all 4 NTK O2s just this AM

Im just curious if anyone has better then OEM recommendations on plugs and wires in the 4.0L from experience. Im flyin in the blind and I dont like that, so I like to be 100% new in that case to be sure I know whats good