Replacement soft top recommendations?

Ignore that link! Seems like they raised the price. Here is another link that was closer to what I paid. But yeah, as UKTJ says, it’s the same material used on high end sports cars so there’s a noticeable difference to the standard top. It cost me £1,600 and as it’s my daily driver, 100% worth it.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=201117008864
Looks like you bought the hardware to go with it rather than just the new 'skin'. I think you said you were just running with a hard tp before, so that makes sense.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
o_O good god agness, does the jeep come with it ?
Yup, as has been said before the price of driving what is a niche vehicle over here. A lot of items that I have looked at are basically pounds for dollars by the time they are shipped and the duty / tax paid at the current exchange rate. So a $1,500 dollar top for you is more like $2,050 for us. But, that is still cheaper than buying it from a UK retailer selling Jeep products, if you buy one of those tops from them it is $3,200. Hence why the price shipped from the US does not look that bad from where we sit.

Reactions: tr21triton
It seems like there is a big delay, at least with bestop. I ordered a supertop twill in August through 4wp only to find out it was backordered. Didn't receive it till mid December and the header bar broke during install. Didn't get a replacement till last week because those were also backordered. Finally no more leaks 🤪

Screenshot_20210216-132947_Gmail.jpg

And the story changes yet again 🙄

My order from Morris has now been delayed a 3rd time. Now they're saying 3/12. Tempted to cancel and just buy the platic zip up windows again for this year.

I'm now carrying 2 drivers side windows: One that won't open (for the drive there and home) and one that won't close all the way. That way if there's nasty wind, I can switch in the one that won't open.

View attachment 226710
And the story changes yet again 🙄
I ordered a replacement skin and other bits and pieces from Quadratec during the Presidents' Day discount window. My top is simply showing as being on backorder by the vendor, i.e. it seems not only do Quadratec have no stock, but neither do Bestop. Not a huge issue for me at the moment and Hailey (Quadratec rep that posts on here) helped me out with an issue with my order, so I am happy to wait. But if it really is the case that Bestop have no stock then that sounds like it will be a while before it arrives.

So my deadline passed today and I emailed to cancel my order and refund my payment. My buddy Gabe wasn't too upset either way 🤣

Ordered one from Amazon, yes it was more expensive but it'll be here in a week. Lesson learned, if I order from Quadratec again I'll pull the plug at the first email about delays!

So my deadline passed today and I emailed to cancel my order and refund my payment. My buddy Gabe wasn't too upset either way 🤣

Ordered one from Amazon, yes it was more expensive but it'll be here in a week. Lesson learned, if I order from Quadratec again I'll pull the plug at the first email about delays!
Looking forward to hearing how fitting the replacement skin goes, as that is the approach I am going with.

Reactions: Malteser

My Bestop windows still haven't shipped, called an canceled this morning.

I may need to check, I think based on the info on my Quadratec order mine is ready to ship, but is being held up because other items are on back order. Maybe I need to cancel the items that are holding it back.

I may need to check, I think based on the info on my Quadratec order mine is ready to ship, but is being held up because other items are on back order. Maybe I need to cancel the items that are holding it back.
I’m interested to hear how it goes shipping wise...speed of transit / fees / any other issues..plan to press my first quadratec order later this month 👍

I’m interested to hear how it goes shipping wise...speed of transit / fees / any other issues..plan to press my first quadratec order later this month 👍
Honestly my advice is to jump off the Quadratec ship. They don't have stock, they can't get stock, but they'll process your order and take your money and string you along as long as they can. Bite the bullet and go the Amazon route. Mine was delivered within a week with minimal fuss

I placed the order in mid February, at that time I knew some of the items, including the new soft top which is the biggest item, were not in stock and so it would not be shipped straight away. The shipping cost from Quadratec seems very competitve, so I completely understand that they are not going to split the order and will only ship when everything is available.

Most of the items are now listed as being in "warehouse processing", which I understand to mean they are in stock. One is shown as a direct shipment from the vendor with a 2 to 4 week lead time, in this instance I assume it is being sent to Quadratec for them to add to the shipment. A couple of items are listed as "backordered by vendor" with one then saying it would ship in mid April if ordered today. What I don't know is if that April date also applies to my order.

I am in no massive rush, so I have not been pushing, but if it starts to look like it will slip further I may look to take the items off the order that are causing the delay to shipping. I'd hate for the items that are now available to go out of stock again. Quadratec have not taken payment and say they will not until the order ships, which is good as long as the exchange rate does not move heavily against me in the meantime.

I'll update as things progress.

Honestly my advice is to jump off the Quadratec ship. They don't have stock, they can't get stock, but they'll process your order and take your money and string you along as long as they can. Bite the bullet and go the Amazon route. Mine was delivered within a week with minimal fuss
Trouble is I can't get everything I have ordered through Quadratec from Amazon, I have ordered more than just the new top.

Hi thanks for the opinion. much appreciated..the issues are that some of the things I wish to buy are Quadratec items and I didn't want to get hit with multiple handling charges..out of interest I'll look at which parts I can order via Amazon and see their prices / delivery timescales / charges!

I guess it depends on how much of a hurry you're in for the parts, but I want the jeep summer ready so I wasn't prepared to wait and deal with estimates that I felt were being made up just to stall me!

I guess it depends on how much of a hurry you're in for the parts, but I want the jeep summer ready so I wasn't prepared to wait and deal with estimates that I felt were being made up just to stall me!
It is interesting that you were getting updates / emails from Quadratec on the likely shipping dates, I haven't had anything like that.