Replacement soft top recommendations?

For those of you getting the Bestop Replace-a-top, how does it compare to the factory top? Same? I still have, what I think is, the original top. I believe my TJ has always been garaged and rarely was the top removed before I got it @90k miles. The zippers were really froze up, and not a crack, split or anything on the top until I started taking the top down. Now I'm getting close to needing a replacement. 6 years, 25k miles later after driving in all conditions.

For those of you getting the Bestop Replace-a-top, how does it compare to the factory top? Same? I still have, what I think is, the original top. I believe my TJ has always been garaged and rarely was the top removed before I got it @90k miles. The zippers were really froze up, and not a crack, split or anything on the top until I started taking the top down. Now I'm getting close to needing a replacement. 6 years, 25k miles later after driving in all conditions.
I couldn't say. The top I replaced, which was a Bestop, was from the previous owner. I don't think it was the original, though, and I don't think it was sailcloth. My new top seems much heavier material than the top I replaced. I don't like spending money unnecessarily, but I do believe you get what you pay for and I'm very happy with it.
There are some photos of it in my profile.

Reactions: Ron505

I'm not sure about mine, because it was OEM, but not in the best shape. However, pretty sure the Black Diamond and above are nicer than OEM. I got the Black Diamond. As said above, you get what you pay for. The more expensive fabrics are worth it.

I bought this one on Amazon in used like new condition and it was in the sealed factory box. No issues whatsoever for 278.00 US. If you click on the link it will take you to the listing for a new one and then from there you can go to the used like new listing. It is Pavement Ends by Bestop in Black Diamond with upper door skins. I have had zero issues in the few months I have had it and it fits great. It has great reviews on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009FC8C5Y/?tag=wranglerorg-20

That's one heck of a typo 😂
Screenshot_20210202-162758_Gmail.jpg

You have me worried now. I have a replace-a-top on my shopping list, but want to order a bunch of stuff in one go as I think there is there is a bit of synergy in the shipping cost.
We do these things, not because they are easy but because they are hard 😂

Reactions: UKTJ
We do these things, not because they are easy but because they are hard 😂
One thought, if it does look like longer delays it may be worth contacting the Quadratec person on here, seems to have been able to help a couple of others with issues on orders.

Hey all, sorry if this has come up before but not much showed in search. I'm looking to replace my factory soft top, it's super cracked and dried out and basically beyond saving. There's so many options though, I really don't know where to start so any recommendations would be appreciated!

I'd prefer to just buy the material if possible as opposed to the whole frame (shipping weight to Ireland) and plan on doing the sunrider mod I've seen a bunch of times here.

Thanks!

I just bought my Bestop Supertop in Black Twill. Would 100% recommend. It's well above the quality of the standard top and it's even warmer and quiter than my old hard top. I bought mine on eBay with a US seller through Ebays Global Shipping program. Easy and pain free. Got here in a week.

146686120_10164646659085408_4760799497914945781_n.jpg

I just bought my Bestop Supertop in Black Twill. Would 100% recommend. It's well above the quality of the standard top and it's even warmer and quiter than my old hard top. I bought mine on eBay with a US seller through Ebays Global Shipping program. Easy and pain free. Got here in a week.

View attachment 223826
I'll definitely look into it if Quadratec don't stop monkeying around 🙄

View attachment 223826
Would you mind providing a link to this? Does the shipping programme deal with duty and VAT as well as the shipping cost?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: UKTJ
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.