Replacement Softtop Suggestions

The top on this guy is worn enough that I would like to replace it. Any TJ vets out there have a suggestion on brand name, etc?

I was looking at a Smittybilt on Extreme Terrain, reviews look good, but even they seem compromised online anymore. Link below.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/smittybilt-replacement-top-tj-9970235.html
Any reason to not pull the trigger on this one? Pictured with current top.

jeep-1.jpg

I went with Pavement Ends, which I think is the Bestop bargain line. I've had it on for a couple years now and have been really happy with it.

Reactions: Jamesval035
The smittybilt one sucks. Holes in each corner of the rear window, the uppers leave gaps at the windsheild frame, The zippers are shit.

Save and get a bestop

While we are talking about top options, is it worth $500 more on the Bestop to get 30 oz. twill fabric over the regular 28 oz. fabric on the SuperTop NX?

I had a Smittyblit for 3 years. It served its purpose. It was loud though. I never really realized that until I bought a Bestop. At the time it was all I had the money for. The zipper is what finally gave out. In its defense I didn’t maintain it well, lubing the zippers and all. The Bestop, I went all out and bought the top of the line but basic style top, now the 7984117 as best I can tell. I always want my windows removable and be able to roll them and place them in the back. Then roll the whole top back and leave it attached to the Jeep but well out of the way. If weather changes I want the ability to put it back together on the road anywhere. It’s almost as quiet as a hard top.

I went with pavement ends sprint top. $400. Still going strong after 4 years with no issues. I would def buy it again if I had to.