Replacing nutserts

BassCat976

I didn't see a post on this in my search, sorry if its a duplicate.
In removing my fender flares to clean and repaint them from being faded, several of the nutserts began spinning in the body. I was able to get pliers on the backside and hold them to remove the bolts, but now the dilemma is to fix them.

If I were to carefully pop them out of the body panel could I just open the hole a bit and install the next size larger nutsert? What would another solution be?

I have access to the nutsert tool, that's what I used in my HVAC service van installing the shelves in the back.

I just replaced my fender flares and found a few of the nutserts spinning. I used this replacement kit from Rugged Ridge:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FAI9UM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

The factory used hexagonal nutserts. After removal of the old ones, I used a hammer and small block of wood on the inside of the fender to flatten the holes. This allowed the factory hexagonal shape to once again prevent spinning. Worked great.

Edit: Make sure you have metric mandrels, I think the factory ones are M6 IIRC.

I didn't see a post on this in my search, sorry if its a duplicate.
In removing my fender flares to clean and repaint them from being faded, several of the nutserts began spinning in the body. I was able to get pliers on the backside and hold them to remove the bolts, but now the dilemma is to fix them.

If I were to carefully pop them out of the body panel could I just open the hole a bit and install the next size larger nutsert? What would another solution be?

I have access to the nutsert tool, that's what I used in my HVAC service van installing the shelves in the back.
I was able to carefully remove the stock nutserts and replace with new of the same size. I believe I used the steel nutserts instead of aluminum.