Replacing oil pan gasket

Don't let us scare you...you can do this

Mac I don’t know if you are instilling the most confidence! The oil pan looks like it will just fall out once the exhaust is removed. Exhaust isn’t too bad with a flex socket and long extension but mine in a California/ Arizona vehicle so no rust.

Yes, a flex socket. I forgot I went to harbor freight and bought a set of their impact flex sockets to use with the extensions.

Reactions: Irun
I think I’ll replace my oil pan gasket this upcoming weekend if possible. It seems like hopefully it should be the final thing I need to do to get my tj all fixed up for now… What do I buy? I can’t figure out which one will fit my jeep

I think I’ll replace my oil pan gasket this upcoming weekend if possible. It seems like hopefully it should be the final thing I need to do to get my tj all fixed up for now… What do I buy? I can’t figure out which one will fit my jeep

Felpro. It's blue and comes with some plastic guide pin/clips that let you get it into position easier.

You'll also need some RTV. I prefer great stuff. I'd be fine with red, possibly grey took...red is high temp and grey is high torque.

There are a couple of key places to put sealent on corners or you can do what I did and just glued the whole gasket to the pan...then a little more on the top of the gasket in the front and rear going around the corner.

Many different ways to put on the sealant...YMMV. Watch some videos and read some posts and go for it!

-Mac

Felpro. It's blue and comes with some plastic guide pin/clips that let you get it into position easier.

You'll also need some RTV. I prefer great stuff. I'd be fine with red, possibly grey took...red is high temp and grey is high torque.

There are a couple of key places to put sealent on corners or you can do what I did and just glued the whole gasket to the pan...then a little more on the top of the gasket in the front and rear going around the corner.

Many different ways to put on the sealant...YMMV. Watch some videos and read some posts and go for it!

-Mac

Thanks!

This the right one?

F48DCDEA-0AAB-4E9F-AFD1-13F8C6242EFA.jpeg