Revolution shafts won’t fit rubicon

Yes I took it out as I thought that was pushing on the actuator, could reinstalling it correctly maybe fix the issue?

Yes I took it out as I thought that was pushing on the actuator, could reinstalling it correctly maybe fix the issue?
No. Plus it's not really possible to reinstall the sensor with the carrier installed, the sensor's head has to end up on the far size of the actuator plate which can't be done without partially removing the carrier. The top object in the below drawing being the sensor. You can see it wouldn't clear the actuator when being reinstalled through its mounting hole in the housing.

Rubicon locker sensor drawing by danb303.jpg

Thanks @Jerry Bransford ! I actually looked at that picture before to know the sensor could have been the issue. I’ll post a picture on here once I pull the locker to see if anyone can see anything I can’t

@Jerry Bransford do you happen to have the part number for the locker bladders on hand? I’ve got a bad one in my rear locker and I can’t seem to find the part number anywhere

@Jerry Bransford do you happen to have the part number for the locker bladders on hand? I’ve got a bad one in my rear locker and I can’t seem to find the part number anywhere
Actually never mind I just read a post from 2014 where you and others were trying to get in contact with the company that use to make our lockers

So I did an axle swap to 04 rubicon axles this weekend and when I went to put in the American made revolution shafts for the 03-06 rubicon. The rears went in without a hitch after I removed the old race but for some reason the caps on the u joints are hitting the bolts that connect the hub to the knuckle. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have a solution for this? @Chris did this happen to you ever when you got your set? I have them past the seal and they are seated all the way . Any advice would be appreciated before I contact revolution about the issue. I have attached some pictures
Yes! I have these axles on my Rubicon. I had the same issue. Not sure about yours but my bolts are still the factory flange bolts with the smaller 12 point head. I had to install and torque bolts, mark the part of the bolt flange that was hitting, remove bolts one at a time, then Dremel off about 1/3 of the bolt flange circumference.

Don't forget to mark your bolts somehow so you put them back in the the same the come out of next time.

This seems like a PITA i know! BUT to me this means Revolution designed these shafts with as much "beef" as possible! So I'm happy they are a tight fit!

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Only greater air pressure inside the locker actuator's air bladder than is present outside the air bladder could possibly cause the locker to actuate. Higher air pressure inside the housing would be pushing on the exterior of the bladder so it could not possibly cause the bladder to engage the locker, especially since the housing is vented.

Kevin, I can't figure out what is going on in that video. Perhaps the locker actuator (which contains the air bladder inside it) was damaged when the sensor was incorrect wedged against it. I replaced mine after that happened during my regear for fear it had been damaged.
Yep totally aware of how the locker operates. The heat inside the housing will also heat the locker. Given that the housing is vented but a plugged locker hose is not, the air inside the bladder will increase in pressure but the case pressure will stay even.

I have personally experienced this on a friend's jeep. His hose barb was snapped off on the trail so we plugged the hole with wood to prevent water ingress while exiting the trail. On the drive home is locker started unexpectedly engaging on the highway. We pulled the wood out and the problem went away.

Now I'm not saying it can't be a damaged actuator like you said. I just prefer to look at all the options I can for free before buying parts.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.