Road trip in the TJ with pops

JLsTJ

Leaving Washington state headed to Virginia. Plan on stopping to visit gramps in Chicago and the older sister in philly. It’s nearly 3300 miles and I just had about $3500 in repairs to the ride. It’s an 03 tj with a 3 1/2” loft rolling on 33s. Should be fun! JLLJ my dads account.

B9B144C5-6D3B-4106-A86C-D0CE5A8ADEBD.jpeg

8FEC59CB-E33E-4308-8556-8B7DC22606AD.jpeg

That will be an awesome trip in the TJ! Hopefully you’ll take plenty of photos along the way!

That will be an awesome trip. Keep us up to date and enjoy the hell out of the trip! If you are coming my way, I am (unfortunately) just south of Des Moines in Iowa so if you need any help let me know and I will do what I can.

Reactions: JLLJ and JLsTJ
That will be an awesome trip. Keep us up to date and enjoy the hell out of the trip! If you are coming my way, I am (unfortunately) just south of Des Moines in Iowa so if you need any help let me know and I will do what I can.
Probably be passing through there, thought about spending the night there but really need to get to NW Indiana to see family

Reactions: abart
Looks like a good time. I took my dad from Mississippi down to Key West in mine right after I bought it. It's great you're getting to share that experience.

I am near between Des Moines - Davenport Iowa right now and never saw the canyon in your background anywhere here. But of course I am new in town.

I am near between Des Moines - Davenport Iowa right now and never saw the canyon in your background anywhere here. But of course I am new in town.

Haha! Yeah, I wish my background was somewhere in Iowa! I do have a small Creek that runs through my pasture and if you squint really tight it still doesn’t look that good! Safe travels the rest of your trip. :beer-toast1:

Reactions: JLLJ
So... dad flew out of philly on Wednesday and I started the drive to Virginia Thursday morning (if you count noon as the morning). Made it about 90 miles out of Portsmouth and some guy in a truck hydroplaned in front of me and put myself and four others into the ditch on both sides of the road. Luckily no one was hurt and the Jeep is fine. Had to pay $100 to get it pulled out because apparently my four wheel drive isn’t working 😬. Made it to Portsmouth that night though safe and sound.

8DFAFA74-3484-4AC4-8D9E-34171B3D9B44.jpeg

C790E585-8818-4B81-8D93-E7E28A058847.jpeg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ