Roadhouse

Seriously, can't Hollywood and their Billions of $ come up with something original? :(

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition
Surprisingly, they already made a Sequel

I didn't even know.

Looks like it was pretty much a dumpster fire.

The cast in this ^^ version might have some potential..
The "leading lady" on the left looks amazingly familiar and some chick on the right named Ellen Hoffman
Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 07.43.15.png

Seriously, can't Hollywood and their Billions of $ come up with something original? :(

They could, but we voted with our wallets and the biggest ROI is franchises, sequels and reboots that cost a fortune on visual effects and bait nostalgia, but then they deconstruct it to push the message and finally people are waking up to it.

Just look at the precipitous decline in box office performance in the Marvel franchise since Avengers Endgame, when they started favoring DEI over experience and track record in their choice of writers and directors as they started producing content just for the sake of content so they could fill their streaming service.

I'm a guaranteed ticket sold for anything from Christopher Nolan, and I'm excited to see Dune pt 2 in a couple of months, but even that is effectively a remake as it's not the first attempt at adapting the novel to film.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorba and Irun
Although it looks like it could be a turkey, we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief that the planned remake starring Ronda Rousey never got made.

I don't even know why, but all she has to do is appear on my screen and it gripes my butt.

Although it looks like it could be a turkey, we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief that the planned remake starring Ronda Rousey never got made.

I don't even know why, but all she has to do is appear on my screen and it gripes my butt.

I'd watch one starring Gina Carano.

• Love
Reactions: RangerTJ
Has a remake ever not sucked?

I can only really think of one that didn't. The 2002 remake of the 1960 "Time Machine". It worked because it A) Is really a different movie, B) Was directed by H.G. Wells's great grandson, and C) Paid homage to the original. Both are damn fine films.

Of course you could also talk about the 1963 "Cleopatra" being a remake of several previous movies of the same name, including the lost 1917 version with Theda Bara - but nobody will say the '63 version was lousy.

Can't watch Jake Gyllenhaal. Dude has the most punchable face in Hollywood.
I did have to watch him in Barbie.. hey, cut me some slack, I have 5 daughters

I agree with most of that. The problem is there's not much better being made anymore.

Hollywood does a ton of remakes because there's a built-in audience that will go see it before everyone realizes what a turd it is.

Every one of the updated CGI Disney movies sucked, yet still made money.

I can't think of any recent remakes that were anywhere near as good as the original.

For whatever reason, I thought of the Total Recall remake, which gets bonus points simply because it has Kate Beckinsale in it.

Wow, did it ever suck compared to the original.

Same with the Fright Night remake.

It used to be that a movie from Pixar was almost always a sure-fire hit and a good movie.

But now they also range from mediocre to suck.

All the writers and directors that made it great have retired and been replaced with the "new Hollywood normal" group.

Reactions: Apparition
I agree with most of that. The problem is there's not much better being made anymore.

not wrong there. I only visit a movie theater about 1-2x a year, and most movie watching at home I'd rather watch something in my collection that I've seen 10+ times already than scroll through the streaming services trying to find something that I'll probably turn off 30 minutes in.

not wrong there. I only visit a movie theater about 1-2x a year, and most movie watching at home I'd rather watch something in my collection that I've seen 10+ times already than scroll through the streaming services trying to find something that I'll probably turn off 30 minutes in.

I'm trying to remember the last time I went to a theater.

I think it was Avatar 2 (kinda sucked).

I distinctly remember the movie being "interrupted" a few times by various theatergoers seated in the rows ahead of us deciding that this would be a good time to open their 42 inch screen smartphones to send a text.

And now that movies stream almost the day after they are released, I'll just watch it at home if the movie has any appeal to me.

Better seats, better snacks, and arguably better screen and sound.

And if the kids get out of line I can smack 'em.