Rock Rings

Spic

TJ Enthusiast
I'm just about to buy a new set of steelies and have decided to weld a set of rock rings into them, has anyone got any links for someone who makes them and would ship to the UK?
Ta
Steve

Rock rings? What are those? Is that like a beadlock look but without the actual beadlock?

My advice since you're looking to buy, is to make sure you actually want steel rims or if you're just doing it because of cost. If it's the latter, a set of take off (or even new) aluminum rims may end up cheaper, stronger, and lighter, after the cost of adding rock rings.

Are these just for looks, or do they serve a purpose?

They can help keep the bead of the rim in shape.

Reactions: Chris
Thanks for the replys, two reasons I'm after them, alloys for wranglers in the UK are well over priced for some reason, also I actually prefer the look when there on a set of modular steel wheels, and with the added strength it's a win win for me, I appreciate their going to add plenty of weight in the corners, but it's far from a daily driver, and with only green laning for off roading I'm sure they will be fine.

Thanks for the replys, two reasons I'm after them, alloys for wranglers in the UK are well over priced for some reason, also I actually prefer the look when there on a set of modular steel wheels, and with the added strength it's a win win for me, I appreciate their going to add plenty of weight in the corners, but it's far from a daily driver, and with only green laning for off roading I'm sure they will be fine.
I like steel over alloy. Just my personal preference. I can take a hammer and fix a steel wheel. Worst case trail weld it. But we all should be carrying a spare anyway.
Aluminum alloy wheels do still suffer from failure.
*****Before you start with the i never broke a alloy wheel. I can say i never broke a steel wheel.

Its a Coke vs Pepsi. They both work just fine.

I like steel over alloy. Just my personal preference. I can take a hammer and fix a steel wheel. Worst case trail weld it. But we all should be carrying a spare anyway.
Aluminum alloy wheels do still suffer from failure.
*****Before you start with the i never broke a alloy wheel. I can say i never broke a steel wheel.

Its a Coke vs Pepsi. They both work just fine.
If what we read is true, you'll be pounding and straightening the Coke can many times over before the Pepsi can becomes a problem.

That all depends on who made them. There are more "cheap" (aka china) alloys out there that will crack and break.

Even the weight argument is dependent upon what wheel. Some of the fancy and strong alloys weigh more then a simple steel wheel. Due to the thickness and added material.

So what i am trying to say. I was wrong trying to overgeneralize.

But saying alloy is better than steel or steel is better than alloy is also a gross overgeneralization. As there are many steel products and there are many alloy products that must be compared side-by-side.

Reactions: jjvw