Rock sliders mounting location

Midtenn

TJ Addict
So the rock sliders the prior owner installed have began to bow away from the body and I removed them. So I now have 3 holes drilled into the tub. What I’d like to do is replace it with something better but has the holes in the same place.

when looking online, it appears for most that the holes are in a standard spot. I’m curious if my eyes are deceiving me or what.

My preference is something in the mini boat style but those are a little pricey and holes don’t seem to match up.

For a strong install you're likely going to need more than three holes. Most attach through the tub in at least 5 or 6 spots on each side and a few through the bottom. I wouldn't worry about a few extra holes that will be covered by the sliders anyway.

For a strong install you're likely going to need more than three holes. Most attach through the tub in at least 5 or 6 spots on each side and a few through the bottom. I wouldn't worry about a few extra holes that will be covered by the sliders anyway.

well the PO was supposed to drill 5 holes but only drilled 3 which is why I think it bent away from the body. I’d rather not drill any more holes in the tub that necessary. I feel like I’d lose my tail shipping something back if it didn’t align.

My .02c is to just get over drilling the tub. It is very unlikely the holes will be in the same spot.

Reactions: BlackSheep
well this is disappointing, but I get it. I suppose the lack of mounting points is why it moved off the body.

many thoughts on the JCR Crusaders? Looks like a lot more mounting points.

well this is disappointing, but I get it. I suppose the lack of mounting points is why it moved off the body.

many thoughts on the JCR Crusaders? Looks like a lot more mounting points.
Mine work well. I don’t always rub them on outings, but it happens often. They’re solid and ww2ww

Mine work well. I don’t always rub them on outings, but it happens often. They’re solid and ww2ww

I don’t expect to ever rub on anything. Basically I’m buying a decorative step for my wife.

what does ww2ww mean?

I don’t expect to ever rub on anything. Basically I’m buying a decorative step for my wife.

what does ww2ww mean?
Wheel well 2 wheel well. It means full length coverage and the factory flares need to be addressed in some manner.

Reactions: Midtenn
thanks for the clarification.

I do not have factory flares so hopefully this makes it easier on me.
Since the JCR Crusaders reach all the way to the inner fender well both front and rear, if you have a flare that extends down to the bottom of the Jeep tub it will interfere with the slider.

If you are just wanting a step for your wife and not planning to do any off-roading that would interfere with the tub or body mounts, just get some kind of nerf bar that attaches to the body mounts or frame. They are lower and more convenient as a step. My JCR's are pretty high and I never even step on them unless I'm washing the hardtop or windshield.

Still isn't enough.
LMAO.

Your knowledge so overwhelming and outside of my realm of understanding, that I completely missed the reasoning behind why using the 5 mounting locations recommended by the manufacturer still isn't enough. If it isn't too time consuming, would you mind expanding on this? Thank you oh' Great Wizard.

Reactions: rasband
Since the JCR Crusaders reach all the way to the inner fender well both front and rear, if you have a flare that extends down to the bottom of the Jeep tub it will interfere with the slider.

If you are just wanting a step for your wife and not planning to do any off-roading that would interfere with the tub or body mounts, just get some kind of nerf bar that attaches to the body mounts or frame. They are lower and more convenient as a step. My JCR's are pretty high and I never even step on them unless I'm washing the hardtop or windshield.

In looking into this approach as well.