RockAuto.com

Do you know/have any experience with the following website?

I've had many transactions with them. They usually have very competitive pricing. I have had one issue, though. I ordered a part and received an open item that was obviously a return. They wouldn't issue a return label for the open/used part. Having said that, I've purchased from them subsequently.

Everyone uses them. It's the largest auto parts retailer on the internet. With the widest selection and the best prices. You can't go wrong.

They are to the new parts world what www.car-parts.com is to used parts.

Reactions: TJim
I’ve used them a few times, they didn’t have the best price, but did have what I wanted. Sadly, there were problems each time as well (defective parts, used parts).

Reactions: Daryl
I've used them once or twice, good service, good prices.

15863704565780.jpg

I’ve used them a few times, they didn’t have the best price, but did have what I wanted. Sadly, there were problems each time as well (defective parts, used parts).
I’ve ordered from them twice. Never had a problem with the part quality, but both times the packaging was terrible. Absolutely zero packing materials to keep the part from being a pinball in a pinball machine. Once the part bounced out it’s box, both the part and box looked used by the time I got them.

Reactions: Painfultruth
I’ve ordered from them twice. Never had a problem with the part quality, but both times the packaging was terrible. Absolutely zero packing materials to keep the part from being a pinball in a pinball machine. Once the part bounced out it’s box, both the part and box looked used by the time I got them.

Mine was definitely used, the box had greasy fingerprints on it and had signs of being opened (seal was broken) and the part inside also was greasy with fingerprints all over it.

I don’t see how it is possible for the individual in the warehouse to miss something like that.

I've purchased literally thousands of dollars worth of parts through RockAuto, dealing with several makes and models of vehicles. Even with shipping, they still come in way under the local parts store's prices. Their process to return cores is fairly straight forward, too. I did have a few items show up that were obviously "returns", as has been mentioned, but they were parts that you could easily tell had never been mounted/installed (control arm bushings, for example). The boxes were just grungy and beat up. Though it didn't make a good impression on me, I've not let it stop me from having them be my first resource in automotive parts. And just like @pagrey, their magnets are stuck all over my toolbox! ;)

Hey Guys!

Do you know/have any experience with the following website?

https://www.rockauto.com/
Is it trustworthy?

Thanks

Be sure to understand the return policy and to also open the packages and inspect the contents when they arrive even if the package looks good. I have received used and damaged items, but did not open the package until I was ready to do the work which was too late to get any kind of assistance.

A few weeks ago I received a couple parts that did not fit and had to eat the shipping charges when I returned them for a different brand that fit correctly. There goes $30.

I have been dealing with Rock Auto for 15 years and have received very good customer service.
You can purchase OEM parts (when available) , new aftermarket and rebuilt parts from them.
X2

Don't forget to use their 5% off coupon.
Paste it in to the "How did you hear about us?" box on the checkout screen. It usually covers most of the shipping costs.
Code:

Reactions: Squatch and pagrey