Rocker guards and nerf bars, or rocker guards with steps?

skywaytripper

Hello, I have a 97 wrangler in red, and am currently debating weather to get rocker guards with steps, or get the two separate pieces. I know that if I get two pieces it will be heavier, but my jeep is lifted 2.5 inches and I plan on doing a SAVVY body lift and am worried that the rocker guard with a step would be too high after the body lift for my girlfriend and dog. Does anyone have thoughts, or better yet, pictures? I have tube front and rear fenders and am looking at EAG products.

THANKS!

I vote for both. Go all in with Poison Spyder sliders with body mount attached nerf bars.

I added rocker guards with steps and wish I would have done just the rocker guards and nerf bars to the frame. I’m 6’4” and play hell getting in and out with a 4” lift. My wife is 5’4” and it’s funny watching her get in and out. The kids on their other hand make it look so simple 🤪
I guess I might add, I’m 62 and have had back, hip and knee surgery and am getting ready to have a knee replacement.
yea, getting old SUCKS 😜

If my short, "stout" wife can get into my Jeep on 35s, nobody should need a step.🤫
p.s. I removed the steps on my Sahara just so she would get into shape jumping in.
Jeep s (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

I added rocker guards with steps and wish I would have done just the rocker guards and nerf bars to the frame. I’m 6’4” and play hell getting in and out with a 4” lift. My wife is 5’4” and it’s funny watching her get in and out. The kids on their other hand make it look so simple 🤪
I guess I might add, I’m 62 and have had back, hip and knee surgery and am getting ready to have a knee replacement.
yea, getting old SUCKS 😜

mhmm good info. I’m a few years behind you so maybe the single unit will be ok. I can always switch down the road when things get difficult. My fiancé is 5’4 as well but we are both fairly limber. Good luck with the knee replacement 👍

Now that’s just mean 😂 I can step into it right now without using the step and I’m sure she could too but I’d just rather not haha
I was just joking......kind of....She does make me park on flat ground instead of off camber hills now. :)
p.s. Shout out to the factory Jeep JK grab handles. My brother bought a new 4 door JK in 2015 and gave his handles. My wife USES them to PULL UP and in. They work GREAT!

Last edited: