RockJock upgrade from original sway bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

464of1000

I am replacing my sway bar and disconnectors that I bent pretty badly during my last outing. Replacing the whole setup with a Rock Jock by John Currie. This Jeep is primarily for off-roading. I know that the highway performance that I used to get with the sway bar connected will be sacrificed.

My mechanic with way more skills and equipment is doing some cutting and grinding on the custom bumper assembly to make room for the new upgrade.

15183.jpeg

15390.jpeg

16392.jpeg

16393.jpeg

No, I looked for one that could ship to me the quickest and was easiest to confirm it would fit my setup.

Myself and many others have had both. The Swaylock is superior for on-road handling, and it's not close.

The SL reduces body roll on the road similar to the stock swaybar. My dog doesn't lose her balance nearly as much with the SL as she did when I had the antirock installed. The SL also allows someone with adjustable shocks to run a softer setting without as much associated body roll. And it performs similarly to the antirock when unlatched offroad.

You won't find anyone reputable say that the Antirock is as good as the SL on the road. They are simply happy with what they have and don't know how good they could have it, or they're too cheap to upgrade.

Plenty of people don't have "problems" with their setups, yet are still overjoyed after they upgrade to something superior. In this case, you can buy the better product right out of the gate. I drove a loaded-down rig while pulling a loaded-down 5x8 Uhaul from Vegas to Tucson after my trip to Moab. I also didn't have any problems. ;)

Take caution when listening to close-minded opinions from dinosaurs who didn't pay full price for many of the items on their rig. That way of living and influencing others is dishonest, sad, and pathetic. You've been warned.

Last edited:
X2 to this, I have antirock front and rear, no issues on road. Drove it to Moab and back last march

You failed to share that you have a rear antirock bc you have a HP Dana 60 in the rear...not very nice to leave those details out when writing to unsuspecting folks who are trying to learn.

For stock housings, a SL and stock rear swaybar setup is superior to a front and rear antirock setup...and costs less to achieve.

You failed to share that you have a rear antirock bc you have a HP Dana 60 in the rear...not very nice to leave those details out when writing to unsuspecting folks who are trying to learn.

For stock housings, a SL and stock rear swaybar setup is superior to a front and rear antirock setup...and costs less to achieve.

Pretty sure he wasn’t campaigning for a rear antirock. Just sharing his personal setup.

RockJock 60 😉

@464of1000 if it’s not too late, I would return and purchase a Swayloc. It really is worth the extra money, especially if you plan on driving onroad.

But if you’re aware and okay with the Antirock’s compromises, keep it by all means.

The little unspoken nuance to consider here is that the rear Antirock is stiffer than factory.

Pretty sure he wasn’t campaigning for a rear antirock. Just sharing his personal setup.

And steering folks running stock rear housings down a poor path by failing to share that he's running a HP RJ60. Truth should be priority so future readers can benefit.

RockJock 60 😉

That's all you have to say huh?

That's ok, I FIFY so you won't hurt future readers.

X2 to this, I have antirock front and rear, no issues on road. Drove it to Moab and back last march

x3 to this. We run the Teraflex S/T kit on the front and our road manners are very well behaved.

And steering folks running stock rear housings down a poor path by failing to share that he's running a HP RJ60. Truth should be priority so future readers can benefit.

That's all you have to say huh?

That's ok, I FIFY so you won't hurt future readers.

If we are going to be getting this fussy, then we need to start discussing what shocks are installed and what they contribute towards mitigating body roll.

If someone can be steered to waste $700 on an extra sway bar just from one word of a stranger’s comment and no further research, they deserve what’s coming to them.

If we are going to be getting this fussy, then we need to start discussing what shocks are installed and what they contribute towards mitigating body roll.

I didn't comment on that bc there wasn't any info shared on that subject.

I didn't comment on that bc there wasn't any info shared on that subject.

Yes. Though, when we know that such things play a role in the overall character of the vehicle, we can certainly bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.