Rough Country 3.25 inch lift?

I'm not in agreement that a super-short SYE is needed for such a small suspension lift. Especially since SS SYE kits eliminate the speedometer gear which requires the additional purchase and expense of an electronic speedometer calibrator.

I installed a standard (non supershort) SYE into my previous TJ and ran various sizes up to 5.5" of suspension lift with never any vibrations whatsoever in my short wheelbase TJ. Being able to keep the speedometer gear installed is a definite plus, not needing an electronic speedometer calibrator cuts costs and eases the overall installation.
No worries. He has a Rubicon anyways. Doesnt need a SYE. We both overlooked that little detail.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Hey guys I’m prob going to do this my self and first time doing a lift. And I don’t know if I’m comfortable doing a body lift. Maybe later on. But I didn’t notice that zone makes a 3 inch lift

I see that’s the zone 3 inch and the rough country 3.25 are about the same and include the same parts. Should I chose the zone kit. Thanks

Hey guys I’m prob going to do this my self and first time doing a lift. And I don’t know if I’m comfortable doing a body lift. Maybe later on. But I didn’t notice that zone makes a 3 inch lift

I see that’s the zone 3 inch and the rough country 3.25 are about the same and include the same parts. Should I chose the zone kit. Thanks
I thought we went over this but Zone makes a better quality lift than both Rough Country and Skyjacker. Go with the Zone, it has a better design than either of those two other bottom-of-the-barrel brands. I'd rather beat my head with a hammer than install a Skyjacker or Rough Country suspension lift.

And a small 1-1.25" body lift is an easier install than a suspension lift is. But the suspension lift is the core lift, the body lift just serves to give more tire clearance and it raises the COG less than a taller suspension lift does.

I thought we went over this but
😂
Also do I need front or rear cam bolts for the lift or both. And a single or dual steering Stabilzer. Thanks

IF you need to replace the steering stabilizer, which wouldn't have anything to do with putting a lift on and almost definitely won't solve any steering problem you're having but might mask it for a little while, a dual stabilizer is overkill for what you're describing. Get something like this (this fit my 2000 TJ, not sure if a 2006 Rubi would require a different length but I doubt it): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C53XRK/?tag=wranglerorg-20

IF you need to replace the steering stabilizer, which wouldn't have anything to do with putting a lift on and almost definitely won't solve any steering problem you're having but might mask it for a little while, a dual stabilizer is overkill for what you're describing
Not only are dual stabilizers "overkill", they're a bad idea to install. They just force the power steering system to have to work harder which can make it prone to overheat, especially if it's a warm day.

Thanks guys sorry first Jeep and just want to make sure I’m doing everything right. Any idea about the cam bolts. Thanks
Front or rear? Don't bother with rears, they don't hold the angle well enough. For the front, that job is usually given to adjustable length control arms... especially since front cam bolts only give around 1.5 degrees of adjustability. For commonly installed 3-4" lift heights they're seldom needed where the caster angle is concerned.

Thanks guys sorry first Jeep and just want to make sure I’m doing everything right. Any idea about the cam bolts. Thanks
No worries, we all start somewhere (compared to lots of guys on here, Jerry included, I'm still starting somewhere).

My 2000 TJ didn't have cam bolts, and I don't know the rhyme or reason why some seem to have them and others don't. The Zone kit doesn't include new hardware (most kits don't), so I'd say just stick with what you've got.

I wouldn't recommend that lift or anything from Rough Country. If you want a decent lift at a good price, the Zone combo lift is the better option. Rough Country shocks are complete shit.

Rough Country now offers the springs with out shocks. I think they caught on to there problem. I did a 2.5" Rough country with RS5000x shocks and runs great for low cost. I still would not recommend Rough country on any thing over a 2.5" and never shocks.

Reactions: Chris
Rough Country now offers the springs with out shocks. I think they caught on to there problem. I did a 2.5" Rough country with RS5000x shocks and runs great for low cost. I still would not recommend Rough country on any thing over a 2.5" and never shocks.

Yep, sounds right to me. If it’s just springs and the basics, can’t go wrong there.