Rough Country 3.25 inch lift?

One problem with tjs in the rust belt is the lower control arm bolts seize in the bushings. U may not be able to get that cam adjustment out of it. I put the zone kit in my Jeep. I couldn’t get the bolts to move in my front lowers. I left them where they where and just drove it. I lucky didn’t have any issues. Though I since have replaced all the control arms in my Jeep. I had to cut the. Bolts out of the lowers to get them out. If I didn’t replace the arms in the process I would have had to buy new lower arms for the front. Don’t be too worried if u can’t get those bolts out. Just take it for a test drive and see how it handles before you go snapping them or something.
Just follow the instructions and take your time. I would recommend doing the body lift and motor mount lift first over one weekend. Then when that’s done go for the suspension lift on a second weekend. If u have rusty hardware it will be a lot of work to do all at once.

I did the rough country 3.25 in lift on my 2001 TJ. That was before I found this resource and could reach out asking for opinions.

That said I found the install very straightforward, not overly difficult and I enjoyed the project.

I like the look of it, it seems to be holding up well, if I go off road it's probably dirt two tracks and rarely anything more than that.

That said and keep in mind I don't have anything to compare to, The Jeep does ride what I consider rough using the rough country shocks. However everyone I talked to with a TJ says the Jeep rides rough anyway.

Remember the old Ford broncos? They said they called it bronco because of the way it try to Buck you off driving down the road. LOL

On advice of others here I did drop my ko2 tire pressure to 26 lb and that did help.

I couldn't justify the extra cost for a lift kit for something I really wasn't going to use for more than looks and driving on two tracks. So I went with the rough country and I am satisfied I did, however all that said I would, if it's an option, order it without the rough country shocks and get the ranchos that are mentioned here.

I may be doing that in another year when I can justify replacing new shocks.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fouledplugs