Rough Country switch pod

Quicknick

1606957232315.png
Hey guys, Im getting ready to pull the trigger on this Rough country switch pod setup. Id like to have labeled switches, but it looks as though the mfg. just has these plain rocker switches with only their logo . Any idea if there are aftermarket "labeled" switches out there that will fit this? If so, what manufacture has them? Are these generic? Thanks

How many switches do you need? There are good aftermarket switches that go in the dash switch locations (assuming you have some available) and have lots of options for labels.

X2 on the OTR switch guys. You might be able to check with RC and see what kind of switches they run since the OTR guys also sell just the face plates which is pretty neat if you wanted to repurpose a switch.

How many switches do you need? There are good aftermarket switches that go in the dash switch locations (assuming you have some available) and have lots of options for labels.
Ill need 6 switches. My factory dash switches are all being used. Thanks

Ill need 6 switches. My factory dash switches are all being used. Thanks
I replaced a rocker using one off ebay, but it's just like the OTR ones. Sucks to have to buy and RC doesn't have at least some different ones, but yeah you can do that.

I'm curious if that switch pod can mount somewhere else? Or just in that spot?

Hi-Lift would be another one of those brands, right? lol

Rough Country is right there in the middle of the several brands I'd never, ever, buy.
I hear you, I have one RC part on mine that was inherited, quick disconnects sway bar up front, that will eventually go away.

This for $200 ...... I'm a little intrigued. 3 sets of lights and compressor-front E and rear E are all the end goal. I'd like a pod like this....SPOD at $750 seems too much in my brain. I know get what you pay for....$200 though, ha.

This for $200 ...... I'm a little intrigued. 3 sets of lights and compressor-front E and rear E are all the end goal. I'd like a pod like this....SPOD at $750 seems too much in my brain. I know get what you pay for....$200 though, ha.

I have one (not yet installed). I preferred the location of the housing and also didn't want to spend more than three times as much. The switches aren't directly comparable to Carling-types with individually wired LEDs or incandescents. These are surface mounted LEDs on a circuit board.

Last edited:
Hi-Lift would be another one of those brands, right? lol
Did y'all know hi- lift makes a 4" lift kit? Yep, it mounts on your hood, but only does one wheel at a time.