Rubi Dana 44 axle question

Modoc Guy

Jack of all trades, master of none
Supporting Member
With regard to a 2004 Rubicon Dana 44, are the axles anything special? Are they bigger or tougher, or alloy perhaps?

I’m planning to put my Dutchman chrome-moly axles in my Rubi Dana 44 before I install it it my Jeep, but I was wondering if I was missing something about the axles that are in it stock.

With regard to a 2004 Rubicon Dana 44, are the axles anything special? Are they bigger or tougher, or alloy perhaps?

I’m planning to put my Dutchman chrome-moly axles in my Rubi Dana 44 before I install it it my Jeep, but I was wondering if I was missing something about the axles that are in it stock.
The front Dana 44 only came on the Rubicon. The tubes and outers are identical to the Dana 30. The rear housing is nothing special compared to a normal TJ Dana 44. The lockers front and rear are what they are.

The front Dana 44 only came on the Rubicon. The tubes and outers are identical to the Dana 30. The rear housing is nothing special compared to a normal TJ Dana 44. The lockers front and rear are what they are.
I didn’t think the axles were anything special, but I don’t assume, I ask questions and learn.

Thanks for your reply! 😸

Reactions: jjvw and Wildman