Rubicon Express 3.5" lift at unbelievable price

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't put that lift on my Jeep if you paid me.

That isn't a terrible price, but for just a bit more you can get something much higher quality like a Savvy or Currie short arm system, or just piece together your own.

Still, thanks for sharing (y)

Reactions: Joey Jeepz
I wouldn't put that lift on my Jeep if you paid me.

That isn't a terrible price, but for just a bit more you can get something much higher quality like a Savvy or Currie short arm system, or just piece together your own.

Still, thanks for sharing (y)
So nothing is good enough unless it's Savvy or Currie?
Are you grouping this RE kit in with Rough Country or Skyjacker?
These prices are CDN prices.

Reactions: Tldelaney
So nothing is good enough unless it's Savvy or Currie?
Are you grouping this RE kit in with Rough Country or Skyjacker?
These prices are CDN prices.

Oh it’s good enough for certain purposes, but I am in the mindset of buy once, cry once.

I just prefer an arm that is double adjustable and uses Johnny Joints. Whether that is Savvy, Currie, Rokmen, CORE, makes no difference to me. I would also prefer to run a good shock as opposed to the RE shocks.

Sway bar disconnects are also a waste of money IMHO when you can get much better control with an Antirock, Swayloc, or similar torsion bar.

But for some people this may be all they need. 👍

Oh it’s good enough for certain purposes, but I am in the mindset of buy once, cry once.

I just prefer an arm that is double adjustable and uses Johnny Joints. Whether that is Savvy, Currie, Rokmen, CORE, makes no difference to me. I would also prefer to run a good shock as opposed to the RE shocks.

Sway bar disconnects are also a waste of money IMHO when you can get much better control with an Antirock, Swayloc, or similar torsion bar.

But for some people this may be all they need. 👍
This is for a Jeep that doesn't see any rigorous off roading, so I thought this lift was the best bang for the buck. An Antirock sway bar is in the $600 region, quite pricy for a mild build.
As for the shocks, if they don't ride well, I'll get Rancho's for a better ride.
Good Riding,
Ian

You can do better for less with a 2" spring lift, 1.25" body lift and the forum favorite shocks. This way you aren't buying and replacing nearly as many junk parts when you are ready for a real suspension lift.

That's the issue I see with a lift like this as well. If you can genuinely say you never have plans to really do anything more with it than daily driving and maybe an occasional forest service road, it works (however, a 2" lift with a better setup can still be done for cheaper with better quality parts).

But if you really plan to wheel it or build your Jeep more over time, you'll be getting rid of basically every part in that lift, and those Rubicon Express parts have very little resale value.

So once again I come back to the old saying, buy once, cry once. I've been down this path before with cheaper quality parts and it was a waste of money and a lesson learned.

A better option even for a daily driver would be OME or BDS 2" springs, Rancho RS5000X shocks, and a Savvy 1.25" body lift.

Better quality parts, a better ride, and much cheaper to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.