Rubicon locker pump substitute

Here are some pump part numbers if you want to look around:

Suzuki - 2794065D03,2794065D00
KIA - 51030-3E100, 510303E100-TAO
GM - 91177534-TAO, 91177534, 91175575
Mitsubishi – MB664381
Mopar – 5127835AA, 5127834AA, 5127836AA

There's a kia at the pic and pull near my work, going to stop by and see if it's got what I'm looking for next week

Since I am replacing my frame (see LJ frame post), I was experiencing my lockers not engaging when I want them too... I found this post and I immediately went to my local junk yard....I FOUND 2 pumps from the Chevy Trackers for a total of $55 for both! I am going to use them as spares just in case...but I will try the seal replacement fix in mine to see if that fixes it first... thanks for the post.

By the way, my pumps were relocated under the drivers seat, to keep them from the heat and elements in case anyone was considering relocation spots.

Reactions: rasband and Alex01
Since I am replacing my frame (see LJ frame post), I was experiencing my lockers not engaging when I want them too... I found this post and I immediately went to my local junk yard....I FOUND 2 pumps from the Chevy Trackers for a total of $55 for both! I am going to use them as spares just in case...but I will try the seal replacement fix in mine to see if that fixes it first... thanks for the post.

By the way, my pumps were relocated under the drivers seat, to keep them from the heat and elements in case anyone was considering relocation spots.
Have you used them? Did they work?

Reactions: LJMolina
For me it was, its just a simple swap. there are two lines and a electrical plug. One line is pressure and the other is a vent-to-air, Just make sure you put them back in the same spot.

Reactions: cpwolf
My front locker has been having issues for a while now, I am gonna look for the mopar pump but they all look discontinued might have do some looking around.

Hi guys. So I am tracking down solutions for sourcing pumps for my 06 LJ. I see all of these parts that are substitutes. Will they all be the same part with the same fitment? or will they look different and "adjusting" will need to happen?

Good info, I never would have expected to find it in a Kia. Hell, I didn't even know Kia Sorrentos had anything like this.

I also know that Dave Kishpaugh has a treasure chest full of these things (as well as factory Rubicon lockers). @mrblaine may or may not have some laying around too.

AAA auto parts in Phx HAS SHITLOADS of totaled tj rubi's

Reactions: Chris
I see a lot of replies, however I don't see any success stories with this. Anyone actually use one of these Kia pumps or one of the ones from another model?
Looks like I need one and I'll be ordering one one today one way or another, whether it's used through eBay or a new.

Reactions: John Cooper
I see a lot of replies, however I don't see any success stories with this. Anyone actually use one of these Kia pumps or one of the ones from another model?
Looks like I need one and I'll be ordering one one today one way or another, whether it's used through eBay or a new.

I have a pump installed now on my Rubicon from a Geo Tracker... i tested the vacuum pull and its the same.. it works just fine. Go ahead and swap it out with confidence. I was a le to get 2 pumps for $50

I have a pump installed now on my Rubicon from a Geo Tracker... i tested the vacuum pull and its the same.. it works just fine. Go ahead and swap it out with confidence. I was a le to get 2 pumps for $50

Reactions: 464of1000

He is going to hate you if that really is a vacuum pump.

Nice! I ended up ordering the pump off of eBay for $150 due to time constraints.
Now I know what else will work. Thank you.