Rubicon TJ 3 inches lift kit vibrations at 50 milles / hour

Andrés Uribe

Hi Sirs,
I have recently installed in my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon TJ 2006 (automatic transmission) 3 inches Lift kit: Teraflex lift Kit 3 inches with quick disconnects, falcon shocks, Teraflex Front Adjustable Track bar, Teraflex Steering Stabilizer.
I am currently facing two issues
1. When Jeep reaches speed around 50 miles per hour, it starts strong vibration. When speed reaches around 60 miles per hour vibration is over, but when speed goes down again, when 50 Milles per hour, same vibration starts again.
2. When taking tight curves, Jeep feels tight, and steering wheel jerks. It if more strong if 4WD is activated, but in in 2WD same feels but a bit less strong.
Before lift kit installation Jeeps runs smoothly
Please let me know your comments and advice. Attached some new parts pictures and video as a reference.
Andres

Hi Sirs,
I have recently installed in my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon TJ 2006 (automatic transmission) 3 inches Lift kit: Teraflex lift Kit 3 inches with quick disconnects, falcon shocks, Teraflex Front Adjustable Track bar, Teraflex Steering Stabilizer.
1. When Jeep reaches speed around 50 miles per hour, it starts strong vibration. When speed reaches around 60 miles per hour vibration is over, but when speed goes down again, when 50 Milles per hour, same vibration starts again.
2. When taking tight curves, Jeep feels tight, and steering wheel jerks. It if more strong if 4WD is activated, but in in 2WD same feels but a bit less strong.
Please let me know your comments and advice. Attached some new parts pictures and video as a reference.
Andres

Pictures of your steering would be very helpful. Also pictures of your rear driveshaft angle from transfer case to rear axle.
Do you have stock control arms? Or are they a Teraflex? Did the kit come with a drop pitman arm?

3" suspension lifts will cause drivetrain vibrations. Every time. It's caused by the steep rear driveshaft angle causing the driveshaft's u-joints to vibrate. You eliminate/cure the vibrations by installing a SYE kit, DC rear driveshaft, and adjustable length upper adjustable control arms. That's the best solution but the most expensive. Next would be 1" taller motor mounts (called MML or motor mount lifts) which is next best, or a 1" transfer case skidplate drop kit. That's the least expensive but causes a 1" loss of ground clearance. The last two work by decreasing the angle the two driveshaft u-joints have to work into.

Hi Sirs,
Andres

I would start with the transfer case drop just to troubleshoot if the vibrations are due to the rear driveshaft angle.
You can always fix it 'right' later if that's the problem.
It probably won't take much since you have the more forgiving Rubicon rear driveshaft.
Tires can also cause vibrations at specific speeds.

3" suspension lifts will cause drivetrain vibrations. Every time. It's caused by the steep rear driveshaft angle causing the driveshaft's u-joints to vibrate. You eliminate/cure the vibrations by installing a SYE kit, DC rear driveshaft, and adjustable length upper adjustable control arms. That's the best solution but the most expensive. Next would be 1" taller motor mounts (called MML or motor mount lifts) which is next best, or a 1" transfer case skidplate drop kit. That's the least expensive but causes a 1" loss of ground clearance. The last two work by decreasing the angle the two driveshaft u-joints have to work into.

Thanks Jerry, it is interesting, what you mean is like this ones instead than loosing clearance with transfer case skis plate drop ? One inch motor lift will be ok and keep trasnsfer case at original position with 3 inches suspension lift .
https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Country...r-1987-2006/dp/B00B2AEIU0/?tag=wranglerorg-20

1705861406600.png

Reactions: Jerry Bransford