California Rubicon Trip Sep 8-10th (Cancelled Due To Fire)

For those going on this adventure. I sent a PM to @DuncLJ since he is from the Fresno area about trials near Shaver Lake and this was his response.

I know the area pretty well. Red Lake, Coyote, and Swamp Lake are all great trails. Bald Mountain OHV area is my favorite. It is a 16 mile loop that has many options to make it as challenging as you want. The view at the top is incredible as well.
I don't know as much about the Dusy though. It is much more of a commitment. Ive heard it takes every bit of 3 days, and even the trailhead is pretty remote.

Camping with a reservation near water can be done at Camp Edison, Dorabelle, and Dinkey Creek.
There are a lot of smaller roadside campsites also, but they are first come first serve, so no guarantees with those.

A lot of people from out of town simply stay in hotels in the Fresno/Clovis area.
If you stay on the Northeast side of town, you can be in the Shaver Lake area in 45 minutes to an hour.

I hope this helps out. I'd love to join you guys if you end up making down here.

So what are everyone's thoughts on Red Lake, Coyote, and Swamp Lake, or Bald Mountain. Personally I would like to do the Dusy but I would also like to be driving home on Friday afternoon. :unsure:

PS I Also like the part about " A lot of people from out of town simply stay in hotels " :cool:

Midnight this is your Rodeo :ROFLMAO:

@Midnight LJR
@Alex01
@Darly
@taylormade73
@DrDmoney
@Lonewolf
@Gone-N-Done-It
@Choptop1954
@02GreenTJ
@bobthetj03
@mvigo
@Thunderhead
@Larry97TJ
@Pcleaners2
@Modoc Guy
I would be in for any of those excluding dusy

Reactions: Plumber1
Let me get back you guys I may be going to Arnold to get my Jeep I just herd there is a new fire up that way the Airola Fire

FUCK
Do you need to borrow a trailer?

Or for me to drag up the truck/trailer to grab the YJ?

• Wow
Reactions: DrDmoney
Let me get back you guys I may be going to Arnold to get my Jeep I just herd there is a new fire up that way the Airola Fire

FUCK

Dan the info I can find says that’s fires contained? Do you have a link to what your seeing?

The Airola fire is in the new Melones area.

Currently Murphy’s and Douglas Flat are under evacuation warnings . Just got up here and the smoke is not bad so we are just trying to find any info. It was 300 acres this afternoon and now they say 1,000 acres

For those going on this adventure. I sent a PM to @DuncLJ since he is from the Fresno area about trials near Shaver Lake and this was his response.

I know the area pretty well. Red Lake, Coyote, and Swamp Lake are all great trails. Bald Mountain OHV area is my favorite. It is a 16 mile loop that has many options to make it as challenging as you want. The view at the top is incredible as well.
I don't know as much about the Dusy though. It is much more of a commitment. Ive heard it takes every bit of 3 days, and even the trailhead is pretty remote.

Camping with a reservation near water can be done at Camp Edison, Dorabelle, and Dinkey Creek.
There are a lot of smaller roadside campsites also, but they are first come first serve, so no guarantees with those.

A lot of people from out of town simply stay in hotels in the Fresno/Clovis area.
If you stay on the Northeast side of town, you can be in the Shaver Lake area in 45 minutes to an hour.

I hope this helps out. I'd love to join you guys if you end up making down here.

So what are everyone's thoughts on Red Lake, Coyote, and Swamp Lake, or Bald Mountain. Personally I would like to do the Dusy but I would also like to be driving home on Friday afternoon. :unsure:

PS I Also like the part about " A lot of people from out of town simply stay in hotels " :cool:

Midnight this is your Rodeo :ROFLMAO:

@Midnight LJR
@Alex01
@Darly
@taylormade73
@DrDmoney
@Lonewolf
@Gone-N-Done-It
@Choptop1954
@02GreenTJ
@bobthetj03
@mvigo
@Thunderhead
@Larry97TJ
@Pcleaners2
@Modoc Guy
So anyone open to run Red Lake, Coyote, on Wed and Swamp Lake on Thursday and either camp or hotel it ??

Reactions: DrDmoney
Or Bundtini’s
E00jKWgUUAEDBI4?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Oct 16-18 goler wash / butte valley run for anyone that interested . staying in ridgecrest or trona sat night . Meet Sunday morning early and Wheel the trails from west to east . Leaving Monday to go home . This is a nice Death Valley trail.
The LiteBrite folks stayed here when they ran the trails north of Trona including Goler Wash (Charley Manson captured there) also Pleasant Canyon and South Park Canyon are there as well.

https://homewoodcabin.com/cabin-rentals.php
https://www.deathvalley.com/index.p...try-4x4/323-pleasant-canyon-south-park-canyon