Rust Advise Pls Help

Wally2.0

Supporting Member
Hey everyone, I looked all over the internet and could not find a "replacement' patch panel or new brace, I believe its the transmission tunnel brace that the seats bolt to. I have attached photo.

Whats the best way to have this repaired. I am on an island not in the US, so top notch fabricators are hard to come by.

It's literally the only thing stopping me from driving my Jeep. Look forward to your suggestions.

20200605_155524.jpg

Thats a tough spot. They do sell replacement panels for under the seat Jeep Floorpan but they will need to be welded in. I don't know if there is a better way than replacing the pan, or having a welder fabricate some patches. I would start by vacuuming out all that debris and seeing what's the real extent of the rot. I don't know if you have auto salvage yards where you are but you may be able to find a used floorpan in better shape than what you have.

Thats a tough spot. They do sell replacement panels for under the seat Jeep Floorpan but they will need to be welded in. I don't know if there is a better way than replacing the pan, or having a welder fabricate some patches. I would start by vacuuming out all that debris and seeing what's the real extent of the rot. I don't know if you have auto salvage yards where you are but you may be able to find a used floorpan in better shape than what you have.

I've seen the replacement braces for underneath, even got excited thinking thats what I was looking for. We don't have any "junk yards" here and most persons with a junk tj are "im going to fix it one day" persons. lol

Will clean out the debris and post another photo.

Have you thought about a Loctite product? They have Epoxy Weld and Steel Liquid that may work. I haven't actually used these products but did see a demonstration and a shaft that had been filled and then machined back down. I have used a lot of their other products and they all work very well.