Rust holes

I would not hesitate to drive in a Jeep with this done. I wasnt about to do a frame swap. I lucked out and talked my mechanic into letting me use his lift so I could cut the frame then had him weld it in.
Nice man! I’m hoping all I need are the caps. I don’t want to hear frame swap lol. That would just piss off my wife for spending a lot more money

I went and got two quotes. Both were similar in price. One was a certified safe t cap installer and the other had done many but was not certified. I went with the certified one.

The driver side needed the center and rear control arm area and the passenger needed the center, rear and front control arm area. Both stated the rot was not bad at all, it’s very common around this area. But better to get it fixed sooner rather than later.

I will be getting the front driver replaced as well just to make sure all the rot is gutted and out. Parts were $1140 and the install is $1235. All in all it’ll be $2480 with tax.

They will prep and paint everything once they are done. It’s scheduled for March 10-12.

Just posting this information incase someone has any questions or in the same predicament.

Thanks guys!

• Wow
Reactions: Chris
Damn, that ain’t cheap! I guess it goes to show why you have to really pay attention to the frames on these things when you buy used.

Reactions: SD2001TJ
I replaced my frame about 10 years ago. I think I got one of the last NOS frames from MOPAR at the time. It stays in the garage for the winter now. I did drill holes in the bottom so that crud could get out when I wash it.

With my daughter's Jeep, I brought it to Auto Rust Technicians directly. They did a superb job. It cost around $2,200.00 complete. I also asked if they would drop the price if I paid cash and they did take several hundred dollars off.

Considering these Jeeps are about 20 years old, $2000 isnt bad if you can get another 20 years!

I have the additional problem of torque boxes and floor pans...

BC009BEE-109F-4D35-9123-FAAEA6D87694.jpeg

I replaced my frame about 10 years ago. I think I got one of the last NOS frames from MOPAR at the time. It stays in the garage for the winter now. I did drill holes in the bottom so that crud could get out when I wash it.

With my daughter's Jeep, I brought it to Auto Rust Technicians directly. They did a superb job. It cost around $2,200.00 complete. I also asked if they would drop the price if I paid cash and they did take several hundred dollars off.
Safe to say I’ll park mine in the garage now. Sometimes cash is KING haha

That's a very good price, IMO. I've met the Safe T Cap guys up in Cranston, RI. They run a tight ship, and they don't certify your average welder. You can trust the people who are doing your work.

Mine is currently getting the rear sections replaced. The center sections had been done by the PO and was safe-t-cap certified repaired. However for this repair I went with Pocono. Luckily I have a good friend who manages the body shop for a large dealership in my area. He's personally looking after it and only charging the employee labor rate.